DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few quick ?'s

#1 Does anyone have the manual cable 4x4 engage kit?
#2 How do you like it or would I be better off replacing it with a stock vac. type?

#3 Where can I buy front swaybar quick disconnect kit?


Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,040 Posts
slvrhwk said:
A few quick ?'s

#1 Does anyone have the manual cable 4x4 engage kit?
#2 How do you like it or would I be better off replacing it with a stock vac. type?

#3 Where can I buy front swaybar quick disconnect kit?


Thanks
#1 - Don't have it, but want it.
#2 - Don't go stock. Please.

#3 - Rough Country. Call 'em direct.
 

·
I disgaree...:)
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
Clay and everybody else wondering. I did call RC directly about the Dodge Ram disconnects and they will not sell them separately at this time. They did direct me to Top Gun but TG said they do not sell them separate either. BUMMER

Also, the guy at RC told me the units they sell for the Jeeps are not the same size tube as the ones for the Ram, he said they are not up to the task for a big truck. Now I know that a couple of folks here did that mod and said they went on fine, but I wonder how they are holding up now?

Anybody with the Jeep disconnects from RC please feel free to chime in here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
rock krawler makes dicsco for dodge trucks and they are 125 from top gun customz I know this becouse I ordered them
 

·
I disgaree...:)
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
I called Top Gun and RC 2 weeks ago and they both said they do not have them for the Rams, only the Jeeps....
 

·
Robs'Ram4x4
Joined
·
39 Posts
I am also interested in quick disconnects for my 1500! Anybody know for sure were to get them?

Anybody have them installed? How do you like?
 

·
Ram x2
Joined
·
398 Posts
As stated above, "Rock Krawler" makes them. You can buy them direct or through any vendor that sells "Rock Krawler" products.

If you were going to modify a set of Jeep disconnects, I would use a good quality name like JKS or Rubicon Express IMO.

I had the Rock Krawler 5.5" X-Factor Long Arm lift on my 2005 Jeep TJ and I was not impressed. The quick disconnects rattled like crazy after only a short time. The Dodge ones they make look pretty much the same FWIW.

There are plenty of Dodge Guys out there running without a front sway bar at all too, and swear by it. I have yet to try driving around unhooked on the street, so I don't know about this except that there are plenty of outspoken guys saying "ditch the front sway bar".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,040 Posts
I'll be running around without a front sway bar once my truck gets back, at least for a couple of weeks to see how it is without the sway bar. If you don't mind waiting a couple of weeks, I'll be happy to let ya know how it goes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Davcruz said:
Clay and everybody else wondering. I did call RC directly about the Dodge Ram disconnects and they will not sell them separately at this time. They did direct me to Top Gun but TG said they do not sell them separate either. BUMMER

Also, the guy at RC told me the units they sell for the Jeeps are not the same size tube as the ones for the Ram, he said they are not up to the task for a big truck. Now I know that a couple of folks here did that mod and said they went on fine, but I wonder how they are holding up now?

Anybody with the Jeep disconnects from RC please feel free to chime in here.
I got the Jeep ones, they seem plenty stout enough compared to the stock swaybar links. They do rattle a little. They're about the right length for a 5" lift, I had to cut about 2" off for mine, but there's extra holes in the end links to allow lifting another 3" or so if needed. Haven't stressed them much, but then you're going to disconnect them when you're on rough terrain aren't you? I only bothered getting them because I failed an inspection with the stock links removed.
 

·
I disgaree...:)
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
QCRam said:
I got the Jeep ones, they seem plenty stout enough compared to the stock swaybar links. They do rattle a little. They're about the right length for a 5" lift, I had to cut about 2" off for mine, but there's extra holes in the end links to allow lifting another 3" or so if needed. Haven't stressed them much, but then you're going to disconnect them when you're on rough terrain aren't you? I only bothered getting them because I failed an inspection with the stock links removed.
So you feel like the Jeep units are good to go for our rigs? When you got them, did they come with everything you needed to install them?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Seem OK to me, they come as a kit with the all brackets and bolts.
 

·
I disgaree...:)
Joined
·
2,032 Posts
Excellent, I will be going this route then myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Here they are
 

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top