DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And my friends wonder why I do all of my own work on my vehicles!!

I took the rig in to get upper and lower ball joints replaced. ( I didn't have the time to do myself) So I go to a reputable...or so I was told by the local Dodge dealer, to get them worked on.

So 2 days ago was out driving along.....tried to make a left....I noticed that I couldn't turn left! The wheel just wouldn't allow me to turn left. Of course I run up onto a steep curb...banging around...hitting a sign to boot. What the hell I thought.....more front suspension problems?? A major disaster here?
I look underneath for the cause.....searching.....checking tie-rods, pitman, steering damper...etc......
And jumping geezes ona pogo!!.......a bolt from the knuckle/ hub bearing assembly was sticking out 3/4 the way out !!.....this protruding bolt jamming up the works was the cause of my no left turns.

Obviously when the guys were putting stuff back they didint think this bolt was important enough and that their bionic hand tightening was sufficient.

What do you think my next course of action should be?
In my younger foolish years I would have probably taken this bent up bolt and made the mechanic eat it or insert it into another orifice ;)

Attachments

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Get a lawyer and approach the shop about it.

Unfortunately being nice won't get you anywhere...I've been through that with a Dart I had a while back.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
you should have had it towed back to the shop so they could have paid for any damage that might have been caused. That is what i would have done, plus I would have called them ahead of time and told them about the curb and sign so they could shit their pants waiting to see what kind of damage they were going to have to pay for.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
don't get a lawyer yet. get the pickup to the shop and see what they will do for you. get a lawyer now, then they'll get a lawyer....and you'll be out of loop for some time.

mike

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree with mike on this one, take pictures of the damage, and take it in to the shop and tell them what happened, one of their techs will more than likely lose his job, and honestly, ( and I am not trying to defend anyone here ) it was probably an oversight, but that doesnt make things better, you or someone else or you and someone else could have been seriously injured here. I wouldnt suggest suing the hell out of them, but make them take care of you ya know/

·
Derelict
392 Posts
You know, service screwups are often covered by your auto insurance (assuming you're insured). Let them deal with it. It's probably too late, but witnesses to your mishap can be good. A lawyer is always a good idea because some legal letterhead can bring about an amazing attitude adjustment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.