DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On cold mornings, I love starting the truck with the remote while I'm in my house. When I get inside, the steering wheel and seat are nice and toasty. Yeah, I'm spoiled. :D

·
slims
1,149 Posts
:cool:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yeah my wife has always been jealous that her tahoe doesnt have that lol:rck:

·
Retired Guy
1,239 Posts
x4 on that one! best feature in the new truck for me!

·
Registered
995 Posts
Guys quick question about your remote start, do u guys know when u press the remote to start does it start the truck right away or does it pump fill up first as if u were to turn the key to acc than start it few seconds later. I want to get 1 but not if it just fires it right up. When I go to start it on cold days I just turn the key than I can hear the pump work for few seconds than I turn to start! Does the starter do that?
Kind of stupid question but coming from a diesel it just feels right to let it do that. Thanks

·
5.7L HEMI
2,589 Posts
Love the remote start, but didn't opt for the heated leather/steering wheel (stupidly set in). Every morning when I grab that cold steering wheel I'm regretting it.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
My auto-start on my Clifford system lets me get the truck all nice in cool or toasty warm.

:pty: ... I love it!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Love the remote start, but didn't opt for the heated leather/steering wheel (stupidly set in). Every morning when I grab that cold steering wheel I'm regretting it.
x2

·
Registered
146 Posts
Love mine too. That is one of the most unneccessary and unneeded options I can think of and worth every penny paid for it!!!:D

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
spoiled rotten apples lying every where on the ground right now.
Sounds like a must for the winter climates, luckily not here in So Cal.

·
Registered
274 Posts
On cold mornings, I love starting the truck with the remote while I'm in my house. When I get inside, the steering wheel and seat are nice and toasty. Yeah, I'm spoiled. :D
Yep...I've got the heated seats, and the heated steering wheel, but when I use my remote to start my truck, it only has the heat vents on. Do you have to have a dealer ship reprogram the remote starter so the seats and steering wheel warm up?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Love mine too. That is one of the most unneccessary and unneeded options I can think of and worth every penny paid for it!!!:D
I agr:Dee......oh yea - the vented seats too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep...I've got the heated seats, and the heated steering wheel, but when I use my remote to start my truck, it only has the heat vents on. Do you have to have a dealer ship reprogram the remote starter so the seats and steering wheel warm up?
There is a setting in the Driver Information Center that you can enable. It's something like remote start comfort system.

·
Registered
146 Posts
There is a setting in the Driver Information Center that you can enable. It's something like remote start comfort system.

Best I can tell, as long as you have that enabled then when you remote start your truck, depending on the outside air temp it will turn them on. On mine it seems like when it is above a certain temp then the vented seats turn on and when it is below a certain temp the heated seats and steering wheel comes on.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a setting to bring on the passenger seat heat also when the truck is started with the remote? My drivers side seat and steering wheel come on but not the passenger seat>

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know if there is a setting to bring on the passenger seat heat also when the truck is started with the remote? My drivers side seat and steering wheel come on but not the passenger seat>
No.

·
Registered
946 Posts

Ruger,

Kidder is correct.Unfortunately the steering wheel and drivers seat is all the will activate on your vehicle when using the remote start.

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Ruger,

Kidder is correct.Unfortunately the steering wheel and drivers seat is all the will activate on your vehicle when using the remote start.
So she'll have to set in your lap to stay warm or you're not driving the truck until the PS is warm.

·
Registered
497 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.