DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm curious, I own an 03 Regular cab short bed ram 1500 5.7 hemi. I've got a k&n intake, flowmaster cat back, Superchips and the TCM disconnected. I havint raced anything yet so I dont know what to compare my truck to. My friend has a friend with an 06 Malibu with a v6 and he wants to race (for pinks but I dont want a malibu lol) and thinks he could take me, any ideas on the out come? my friend thats riden with him says its pretty fast, but I know my trucks pretty damn fast.

·
what's your left leg doin
2,288 Posts
No idea how fast the chevy is. (Nice truck tho)
But,....I bet this thread will get moved........:D

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have the same truck and year as yours with a few extra mods. When I had talmost the same setup as yours (I had an electric fan) I ran a 14.7. You should beat him no problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think you can take the Chevy. I have a 2004 2500 Ram 4x4 crew cab with the Hemi, ive smoked a few trucks (Chevys), you can always sell that Malibu.

·
1,965 Posts
You'll beat him if you can drive at all. As long as its stock.. I call BS on the rest of the story though no one ever races with there bolt on daily drivers for slips.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
You'll wipe his ass

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
First off can you afford to loose your truck like that? Rememer there are no excuses if your truck hesitates or you loose traction and he gets the jump or whatever your out of your vehicle. To me racing for pinks is the dumbest thing you can do. Tell him you will go to the track (only idiots race on the street these days) an you can run for some cash or for fun only.

·
Registered
605 Posts
hemi1569 said:
You'll wipe his ass

Well I wouldn't go that far haha. But yah a malibu full of fat emo kids tried to race me the other day. I refused cuz itd be a waste of gas for me to beat him, and for him to use that much gas to get beaten so easily. You gotta pick your battles

·
Registered
103 Posts
Even if he wins........he's still driving a stupid malibu.

Even if you lose, you got a cool truck.

Why bother with a race?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yeah I would take him to the track, we have friday night drags here at utah and I wanna take it up there anyways to see what it runs, I'm confident I can take him my only problem is traction (one wheel wonder) I gotta learn to launch with out spinning all day long, I think I would get better traction at the track. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'll probably tell him to put some cash down, like someone said pinks is not worth it to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.