DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
RAM user
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far i have added exhaust, superchips, and CAI,.... what else can i do and how much would it cost to get some good power out of my 360? maybe around the same or more than the HEMI.

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
OK, I will be nice lol. I had a 2000 dakota R/T 5.9 and it ran very strong. I mean it had low end and tire spinning power. I put sway bars on both ends(hotchkis) and shocks. Also put a powerdyne charger on it. A trans shift kit and yokohama tires from hell. It ran and handled great!!! More than I could have wanted from a truck.
Now I have a 2004 Ram 1500 2wd hemi. It has lots of top end but not as much low end grunt. I have put belltech lower kit on it. Also gibson headers and side exit pipes. A MAC intake and nitrous. Now it has good power. However, I do not run more than a 75hp nitrous shot. Also I think it could still use lower gears. Factory 392's in it. The two motors are very different. The 360 will give you grunt at low end. The hemi is all about RPM's.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Take a look at my sig/garage. I'm not quite there on Hp but I've surpassed the hemi in torque. As far as a bone stock hemi goes I can take em in a 1/4 mile. Gotta do a few more things though to catch the modded ones.

Some stuff may seem like it hardly helps but trust me when I say it all adds up. I don't care if one mod might only give 3 Hp, it still helps.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow! You have a lot of mods! I've heard good things about KRC cams and an intake manifold swap. My hemi does a 13.9-14.1 in the 1/4 (figured using 1/8 mile calcs). Supercharger is the best bet, though.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
SHAKNBAK said:
Wow! You have a lot of mods! I've heard good things about KRC cams and an intake manifold swap. My hemi does a 13.9-14.1 in the 1/4 (figured using 1/8 mile calcs). Supercharger is the best bet, though.
Not enough mods! All I have are bolt-ons though, haven't even gone past the throttle body yet. I am planning on cam, heads, and intake manifold in the future though, along with some good headers.

·
RAM user
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so the 52 mm fastman tb is what i need... i been looking into getting it, ... is there any thing that needs to be known about having it?

·
RAM user
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im looking at your mods and it seems like the ones that i could use the most are
52mm fastman tb
180 tstat
msd 6a ignition

and maybe
switch to synthetic fluids
spiro wires
msd ss blaster coil
underdrive pullys

how much power do the under drive pullys, the spiro wires, and the msd coil add?
will this kill or help MPG putting all these mods on?
and where is a good place to get all this stuff and the srt10 hood, roll pan, and srt10 bumper at good prices?

and thanks for all the info !!!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Charvel350 said:
so the 52 mm fastman tb is what i need... i been looking into getting it, ... is there any thing that needs to be known about having it?
Yup, 52 mm is what you need. It's a really easy install too, only takes 15 minutes and anyone can do it. It's just a straight swap with your stock tb. Just give Dan at Fastman a call and he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Charvel350 said:
im looking at your mods and it seems like the ones that i could use the most are
52mm fastman tb
180 tstat
msd 6a ignition

and maybe
switch to synthetic fluids
spiro wires
msd ss blaster coil
underdrive pullys

how much power do the under drive pullys, the spiro wires, and the msd coil add?
will this kill or help MPG putting all these mods on?
and where is a good place to get all this stuff and the srt10 hood, roll pan, and srt10 bumper at good prices?

and thanks for all the info !!!!
The 180 t-stat isn't necessary but it's a really cheap and easy thing to do. I would do that if you go with an electric fan and get a programmer.

The ignition is definitely a great mod and will give you more power and it'll help your mileage. If you do the ignition though it's best to just do the entire thing at one time - MSD 6a, blaster coil, wires, plugs, brass cap & rotor.

The underdrive pulley is a good mod too but you'll need the right tools to do it. On our trucks all it is is the crank pulley. What makes it a little more involved is the fact that it's also the harmonic balancer and is one piece.

For some of the body parts check with Slammed1, I think he might have an srt bumper still and not sure if he has any rollpans left. For the hood check with Art at Henson Motors (800-530-5337)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.