DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fighting a popping sound in the steering and tire wear to the left front for about 6 months or 12,000 miles and it's been driving me crazy. Took it to the dealer droped it off at 7 am and at 5:30 they could not duplicate the problem-----but that's on another thread.
Took it to a local shop on Wednesday this week and they came up with a soloution, I was happy as hell and is cost me 19.99 for the soulition for the fix. Made a appointment for Saturday and told the to buy the parts and they could have it all day Saturday. Took It in on Saturday and they replaced:
IDLER ARM
SWAY BAR BUSHINGS (URTHANE)
CLEAN and LUBE BRAKE SYSTEM
REPLACE SELF ADJUSTING CABLE FOR REAR BREAKS (they were only 20% gone after 138,000 miles)
LIFETIME ALIGNMENT (FOR 99.00)
After I go it home, not one squeak from anywhere, god this great! Front end tight and I could stop on a dime.
Still had the pop in the steering and they told me it was still there and they felt bad about it, which is ok at least we el imitated everything else. The shop gave me a TSB on the popping sound and I followed it to the "T" today and it corrected the problem----------the damn truck is like new! I went to my next project, replaced the weather seal on the outside of the windows, I had the parts for 8 months, the originals were rusted and the rubber coming off, easy job.So then I kept going and did the 3,000 mile Mobile 1 oil change along with the K&N air filter, damn it nice to have these problems behind me and the truck is running GREAT!
One last problem to take care of on Tuesday 5/24 it goes back to the shop (diffrent shop) to have the lower ball joints replaced that I paid for 12/22/04 that they did not do, I have already talked to the manager and they are on my $hit list and he knows it.
It's amazing to me how someone can take your money for work not done, I swear you need to be pro-active on anything you have done by ANY SHOP!
Fred T.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Pop in the steering might come from your balljoint situation, especially the lowers. Make sure you get another alignment done after the balljoints are replaced.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.