DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing basic maintenance (spark plugs (E3) r there any other plugs people recommend..

and have been looking at the ported throttle bodies, r they worth the money? is there a noticeable performance gain?
thanks for any help...

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Not e3

·
Silverhemidan
3,277 Posts
Champion

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm a big NGK fan, I use them in everything. I've had a Champion and Bosch spark plug fail prematurely in the past (other vehicles) but no issues with NGK. You just need the basic copper plug, Hemis don't like Platinum plugs.

I have a ported throttle body, I definitely felt better throttle response but I'm still not sure of the HP gains since the butterfly is the same diameter as stock. They are pretty when they're all polished up though :)

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
There's a reason E3's slogan is "Born to burn". Lots of folks find they don't last very long. They seem to be mostly hype.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I replaced mine with Bosch Platinum IIs about 175K miles ago. Still waiting for the coil packs to burn out.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
The ported TB is a good mod and it's one of first I did. Everyone was telling not to do it and it was a waste of money. Now, everyone says it's a good or great mod. The E3 plugs are 100% pure crap. I put a set in my truck and they lasted about 500 to 750-miles. Here's the pic's when I went back to Champions.

:)

Attachments

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
I have heard of instances of e3 prongs breaking off in the head, ouch.

·
Official HEMI SPORT Owner
1,359 Posts
It's rumored that the E3's are made in China so does anyone know this to be true?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
It's rumored that the E3's are made in China so does anyone know this to be true?
My understanding is the company is a LLC out of Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida but the plugs are Made in China. I don't know if that true or not but that's what I was told. I had no problems finding the companies LLC in Florida but I haven't been able to find where the plugs are made. I'm sure somebody out there can get there hands on one in the box and see if it says 'Made in China' on the back.

:)

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
All I know is I put Bosch platinums in my truck not even 1000 miles later I had a misfire and it ran like crap. It just so happened it was -10 out so I decided to take it to the dealer and they charged me 250 for new copper champions and labor. So in the end trying to get the nice parts for my truck I ended up with 40 dollers worth of copper plugs and 60 dollers worth of worthless platinum Bosch plugs and a burnt coil

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
The Pontoon!!!
1,432 Posts
:loud: Everything is made in China, didn't you get the memo???
not true my truck is only 19% non north american on my window sticker it says 81% american and canadian with a final assebly in fenton missouri

·
Registered
727 Posts
FWIW - I only run OEM Champions in mine. Never had a problem. Even went 100K miles on one set. :ugh Other than the gap being larger, they ran fine. After I installed the new ones, fuel mileage went up 1-2 mpg.

·
Registered
850 Posts
All I know is I put Bosch platinums in my truck not even 1000 miles later I had a misfire and it ran like crap. It just so happened it was -10 out so I decided to take it to the dealer and they charged me 250 for new copper champions and labor. So in the end trying to get the nice parts for my truck I ended up with 40 dollers worth of copper plugs and 60 dollers worth of worthless platinum Bosch plugs and a burnt coil

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Oh I wont replace mine with the Bosch Platinums again. I'm just saying that I haven't had any problems yet. I only replaced the originals cuz the owners manual says to do it every 25K. Well, the ones I pulled out looked almost new. But, I had my tools out, new parts on the fender, my ass over the engine, so I did it anyway. When I do get around to replacing them again, I'll go with the double coppers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.