DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my truck serviced yesterday because it's been 6 mos since I bought it. The first service (oil change & tire rotation) was free. However I'm surprised that it supposedly needs a $600+ service every 15k miles. I could do some of the work myself but would rather not being that I've never owned a diesel and don't have the space or time to do the work. Is this what other dealers out charge more or less? I'm in California and I know some things might cost a little more out here, but seriously my hemi ram maintenance didn't cost even half of what this Ecodiesel is going to cost me. ImageUploadedByAG Free1450901222.828391.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
331 Posts
Do some research, some items listed there are not needed, such as trans fluid change as it is a lifetime fill. Oil and filter changes are a little pricey, around $10 a quart for a 10 quart fill.

Read your owners manual as far as service requirements, their intervals are a little longer than the pamphlet. Some dealers offer a package for oil and filter changes at discount rates, ask around.

Important things every service are oil and filter, diesel fuel filter, an inspection should be included with your service and fill your own DEF tank to save money. Unless you use the truck for heavy duty work I would follow the owners manual. Check out a Ram 1500 Diesel Forum and see what they are doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts