Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey folks

im so jealous of all you folks that do most of the stuff yourselves:ugh

tranny filter and fluid changes,dif fluid changes and sea foam.

i have been looking around and doing some reading on the matter. reading from the sea foam website and looking around on here.
i went to Napa today to get some sealent for my third break light and asked the lady if she had sea foam. she got all excited and showed me where it was LOL. apparently she uses that stuff in anything with a motor. she told me to suck it up the main vacuum line. I saved my dignity by just saying ill look into it a little more LOL. Not that there is anything wrong with a woman know here car stuff LOL

so, can one of you fine gentlemen or ladies show me where this vacuum hose is? i changed my headlight today too and looked around for this hose and i saw a lot of what appeared to be hoses.

thanks so much ya'll
:worthy:

P.S dont laugh too much

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody?

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
It's the larger tube coming off the brake booster into behind the throttle body area. Pull it off the brake booster side and feel the suck. That's where you feed the Seafoam in.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
The brake booster is the big black can-looking thing directly in front of the driver (under the hood). There will be a black hose 'bout the size of your thumb running toward the engine. Work that hose loose (can take some scary pulling). While someone keeps the warmed up motor running, let the vacuum slurp up 1/3 of the can. Take it slow, 'cause it'll try to choke the motor. Shut it off and let it sit five minutes while you put the hose back on. Start 'er up and watch the smoke.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

It's dark now and I'm a few beers in so I'll wait till day time. From what you guys wrote I'm sure I'll figure it out lol.

I'm learning. Slowly, but still learning thanks to the people on here lol.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Going to be sea foaming the truck in Tuesday. Wish me luck lol.

I read about hydro lock. Kinda scary. I'll just use a little cup and slowly put it in the hose. And the other half will go in the tank. I got a 1/4 tank left. Finger crossed.

Can I do this alone? Or do I need someone on the gas a little to create more suction?

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
Going to be sea foaming the truck in Tuesday. Wish me luck lol.

I read about hydro lock. Kinda scary. I'll just use a little cup and slowly put it in the hose. And the other half will go in the tank. I got a 1/4 tank left. Finger crossed.

Can I do this alone? Or do I need someone on the gas a little to create more suction?
You can hear as the rpm go up-n-down and you need to just feed the Seaform in a little at a time. You don't need to worry about a hydro-locking if you just feed it in as the engine will take it. Be sure the engine is up temp, suck 2/3 of the can into the engine, pour last in the tank, and after five minutes, you need to drive the truck hard. I put in second gear and drove around for about five minutes. It's easy.

:)

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
You can't hydro-lock it with five ounces of fluid. You should have someone on the loud pedal to keep it running (it'll try to choke down). You'll do fine. The full 'structions are on the can.

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
I was concerned with doing it the first time too. I do 1/3 in oil, 1/3 in brake booster, and 1/3 in gas. When I tried to do the booster by myself the engine stalled when it hardly sucked in any sea foam at all. I had someone keep the rpms up the whole time I was putting it in there and then killed it right after. Put it in the gas and oil, let it sit for a short time and watched the show.

·
Acts 2:38-39
2,352 Posts
Thanks everyone. This answered my question too. Gonna take the plunge in the am...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
a little trick i did if you dont have someone to help you, you can take the cover off for the throttle cable and feed it into the line with one hand and pull the cable to rev the motor with the other. its a little tricky at first and takes alot of balancing but its possible. just dont sneeze

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.