DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, probably has been covered before, but does anyone know anything about the rear diff on these cars? I've searched everywhere. I even sent an email to DC last night and asked them for information on it. Basically, I'm coming from a Mustang, and the first thing we do is change gears. I mean, my new car has 80 more horsepower, yet it's got a gear ratio of 2.82:1 and that's way too tall. If it had 3.90's or 4:10's it would eat every street car you met. Anyways, I read that most of the suspension and everything else is from the Mercedes Benz E class. I'm hoping the rear diff is not, because I couldn't find ring and pinions for E classes. Only thing I found was a website that would sell you a replacement rear diff with whatever gears you want for about $1500. So, does anythong know? I'm sure DC will never write me back, or at least give me the info I'm looking for.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The ratio matches that of several MB cars. There is one from an AMG SL55 (I think) that is a 3.06 and the SRT has a 3.06.

Lots of people have tried to locate something with no luck. The aftermarket needs to catch on that the cars are geared way too high. About a 3.20 is good for me

·
Registered
50 Posts
What bobf said. It has been talked about a bunch but no one has had success. Hopefully the aftermarket will catch up when the Charger comes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.