DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Disclaimer I have zero affiliation with Course Motorsport, just an unbiased review. 2019 and up with the 12 inch screen. Diesels will need the right hand mount as the left side may or may not interfere with the column shift

I recently acquired a magnetic phone holder for my truck from Course Motorsport. Since I have the 12 inch, there aren't too many options. This mount is a very sleek design, and best part is very easy to install. Options when ordering are for both right and left side of the console. I have the left side mount and it goes directly above the push button starter of my Power Wagon.

Its been installed on the truck for 4 days now, and riding in Houston as some of you might know is more akin to a run at Baja, and its been on its first off road adventure bouncing and romping in the mud, my phone didn't so much as move, it possibly could through some really rough stuff, but so far its held steady. I will get a good rock crawling run in next week and know more about that. The mount is fairly simple in its design. It fits neatly into a small support on the molding in back of the radio bezel, you pop the two screws out on top and slide it out to expose it. Then slip the holder in making sure to keep the foam padding on the outside of the bezel. After that, slide the radio bezel in clipping all the nice little retainer clips around the panel then the two screws on top. The ball mount has a 1/4 inch hex slot for mounting, it may require some Loctite, but it seems to be working fine now. The magnetic base clips over the ball and has a securing ring and its done after that. The magnet strips can be either attached to the phone with the adhesive strip, or I just threw it in back of my phone case sandwiched between the case and the phone. It is almost strong enough on the magnet that I can essentially let my phone fall from my hand within an inch or so and it will start grabbing or grab it all together.

I will be posting a video of the install later this week when I edit my professional camera shaking out. It took a whopping 5 minutes, it actually took me longer to find my t-20 but to take the screws out than it did to put the mount in. The pics came from my phone so its hard to get a shot of the phone on the holder LOL.

Overall first and second impressions....I like it, I love it. They have made me a customer for life with the simplicity of the product. Its all metal construction, and is very sleek and blends nicely with the contours of the dashboard. They do make one for the 4th gen, and the 5th gen without the 12 inch screen that mounts in the tray above the infotainment center, they also make them for other makes and models.

Reactions: CourseMotorsports

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New update, we spent 4 hours rock crawling with lots of movement and jarring of the truck. Never once did I even think about the phone moving around. It stayed right there the whole time. Im no considering getting a second for the right side so I can hand a CB or HAM mic or even one of my frs radios.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts