DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ricer
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking very seriously about swapping my OE y out for a Magnaflow y and was wondering if there are any drawbacks or concerns I should have before doing it. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i think it made a huge difference in my pw though its not exactly a bolt in procedure with the awkward bends definitely benefited by welding mine...would i do it again..yeah

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
the only real downside is the price a shop will try to charge you to do it. i bought one 2 years ago and i never got it installed cause the only exhaust shop around me wanted 300 bucks for the installation. no thank you.

·
Nut up or Shut up
1,412 Posts
I got mine installed for $50, it makes a noticeable difference in performance and seems to make the exhaust deeper. Its a good cheap mod that you can tell it made a difference.

·
Rookie
708 Posts
300 bucks for installing a 27 dollar part? That's crazy! I would find a buddy who welds and pay him with a 12 pack

·
-Nick-
196 Posts
It is worth it... i got mine installed for either $75 or $100 not positive which one but it made a difference that i could feel and hear

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
ricer
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just bought mine from a member who goes by the screen name of theice. I have been hearing some pretty bad things about him as a seller here lately and I am just hoping everything goes through without a hitch. I bought it from him for $20.00 shipped and I can get it welded up at a local shop for $40.00.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
I have found no down sides to installing it. I think it was worth it.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Man you guys are lucky. The only exhaust shop around me that will touch it are a bunch of crooks and overcharge.

·
Rookie
708 Posts
If youre getting it used for 20 and heard bad things about the dealer I would just pony up the extra 10 and get a new one

·
ricer
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already sent the money and now I am just waiting for it to be shipped. And it was $20.00 for a brand new Magnaflow Y shipped. The y is just like one I was trying to buy on another forum but I couldn't get the other seller to quote me a price on the one he had. So I got a pm from a member on DF saying he had one exactly like the one I was trying to buy so I bought the y from him for $20.00 shipped.

·
Creature Of The Wheel
8,860 Posts
Theres no downside. Should make your exhaust sound better too. Its well worth it for the price.

·
Registered
497 Posts
My buddy is pretty good on exhaust and he made me a big Y and installed it for me at his shop. Made the exhaust sound even deeper and meaner!

·
BEE Ready!
1,274 Posts
What does it do? I screwed up a little bit when I did my exhaust by getting one when I should've just got a dual 2.5" in and dual 2.5" out. Kind of a waste being that I was getting dual exhaust and the y pipe feeds right into the muffler. :ugh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.