DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stock Just Doesn't Do It
163 Posts
according to the number it is stainless three inch is this correct? Also is it for a short bed or long bed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Ramistered User
6,420 Posts
Did it come off your Quad cab? Does it start from the y pipe back? and is it bolt on with clamps or welds

·
ACE
571 Posts
do you have pics?i am very interested. thanks tom

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
why would it have rust if its stainless steel, and why did you remove it, was it LOUD?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ramtough said:
why would it have rust if its stainless steel, and why did you remove it, was it LOUD?

I would imagine the surface rust is due to it being a lower quality stainless. Not sure what type. I know several exhaust products I've had over the years gather some surface rust. Even the 409 stainless and aluminized types. The tip and muffler are a polished stainless that seem to hold up nice. It wasn't too loud. It's just that I tow an enclosed trailer once in a while, and prefer the extra bottom end torque of a factory system.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
this system does have the 70mph / 2,000 rpm drone ... was the same system I had and sold it cause I couldnt stand driving long distance without getting a head ache ...... I got better gas mileage with the magna flow 15862 when I went with the 35" tires then I do with the stock exhaust. $200 shipped is a pretty good price considering it is over $400 to buy new

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
yeah, i had thought about getting it, but dont like drone, resonance, sound that makes your ears feel wierd, but would like a better sound than stock.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
PM SENT, im very very interested in this.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
disregard my interest, ive now read alot of back posts, and they all pretty much say, its pretty loud, and i dont want that, thanks anyways.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
Hey Ramtough, get bigger tires like 35" all terrains and then put this exhaust on, you will notice alot of power compared to the stock exhaust and since running bigger tires when you are 70 you will be less at 2000 rpm's and the cabin drone wont be as bad as with stock tires.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
Thanks alot for the info, i think im gonna get it afterall, i really want a great sound exhaust, and this is a great deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.