DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading the exhaust forums a ton over the past few months. I'm looking to upgrade the sound of my truck to something a lot more aggressive. We travel a fair bit in the summer, but besides that, it's only city driving. I don't want alot of drone in the vehicle, but I do want to be heard when I'm cruising.

I'm looking at either:

18" or 14" - 2.5 in / 2.5 out
18" or 14" - 2.5 in / dual 2.5 out

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would go with the 18" at the minimum. I just put an 18" stainless Magnaflow muffler on (2.5" - center in / side out) and it is really loud. Haven't been on highway yet, but I'm suspecting that it might get a bit tiresome after a while. Sounds awesome though, just a bit louder than I'd like.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
MagnaFlow is middle of the road in the noise department. I find it a nice compromise.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the duals are out now. I went to a local muffler shop and we put the D up on a hoist and with the trailer hitch, it doesn't look like it's going to work out very well. So, I'm going for just a single muffler now. I'm looking for a magnaflow that's on par with the Flowmaster 40's. Any suggestions?

·
Pimp On Sir Don
12,782 Posts
It'd work, they just don't want to do it probably. There's a bunch of people here with duals straight out the back, many with hitches.

You can also do duals exiting the sides, between the leaf-springs. Try another shop and search here for pictures of duals how you want.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually it was my choice in saying that they wouldn't work. The guy at the muffler shop said "anything is possible" as he's holding a plasma cutter in his hand!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I just got the 18" Magnaflow Muffler (12256) installed. Honestly it doesn't sound much louder then the stock Muffler. I do know that it takes a month to break in, so I was wondering how much louder is it going to get?

·
Work in progress...
1,202 Posts
It should get noticeably louder after it breaks in. It's not going to be a huge change in sound but noticeable. The part I really notice is on a daily basis, when the muffler is cold, it's quieter than when it's warmed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.