DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wanting to see what you guys thought about the MAC performance CAI! its very inexpensive. i was just wondering if anyone has bought that one or do you all prefer the AEM brute force? let me know!!

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
I have the AEM and i love it!!! Cant go wrong with the AEM

BB

·
Banned
147 Posts
I gotta disagree! :gr_bs:
I've had a MAC CAI on my Hemi for almost a year...fit and finish are great and it performs as advertised. Zero Problems with it! (and no I don't sell them) :ylsuper:

·
Registered
288 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
two words..

MAC SUCKS!!!!!!
I gotta disagree with you there. I have the MAC CAI and love it. Sounds great, improved my MPG and feels better on the butt dyno. Looks good too:

·
Banned
7,195 Posts
I agree bro, it looks good but coming from a muscle car background MAC was always horrible in quality for us mustang guys. who knows maybe they stepped up their game for the Dodges :D

·
Registered
288 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
I agree bro, it looks good but coming from a muscle car background MAC was always horrible in quality for us mustang guys. who knows maybe they stepped up their game for the Dodges :D
Oh yeah... this is not an endorsement for MAC at all. In fact this is the only part I have ever used on my cars/trucks. I don't have any MAC parts on my Mustangs (I had their long tube headers, but they sucked)! But they got this one right. There isn't a lot that goes into a CAI so there isn't much that can go wrong. The fit and finish is perfect and it does what it is supposed to do, so I think this is one of the better bangs for the buck for our trucks.

LONG LIVE MUSCLE CARS!! :rck: :gr_patrio

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
If you want your truck to sound like a muscle car then add an exhaust and an AEM Brute Force Intake. Ive had it for 6 days and everyones says it sounds like a muscle car now. Not to mention its starting to feel like one too!!!

BB

·
EATEN FORD SH!TIN CHEVY'S
303 Posts
How Much For The Mac?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a MAC intake and am very happy with it. Ive had it for about 3-4 months, no problems whatsoever. The way it sucks in air is awesome, everytime you give it gas it make this "sshhht" sound as it pulls in air. lol, thats a hell of a descriptive word isnt it guys? Anyway it was a noticable difference, not like WOW, but good. I figure I got 5-8 hp out of it.

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
who said anything about homeade and plastic

·
Registered
130 Posts
there is a reason why no one buys mac performance merchandise, it may look good, but compare the filter location on it to the air ram and tell me which one truely works better

·
Registered
288 Posts
FireHEMI said:
there is a reason why no one buys mac performance merchandise, it may look good, but compare the filter location on it to the air ram and tell me which one truely works better
I don't know why you say no one; there are three people on this thread alone. The location is different but the MAC has a heat shield and the other doesn't and therefore need to be moved further away.

·
Registered
130 Posts
the heat sheild gets hot over time which means all of the air passing by is going to become hot and hemi's need cool air

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
oh man dont let air_ram see you degrading his product... are you trying to start a war?

BB

·
Sporadic
82 Posts
i have a mac, things sweet, looks sick, sounds sick, gave it a pretty decent performance boost.... def no complaints

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
mac air intake

I have a mac intake just like that photo. I had a AFE and mac gives me more power and looks nice. I also hooked my NX nitrous kity into it and it works great/looks great. :gr_patrio

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.