DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this in a few weeks ago... but never posted anyhting on it.

Pretty much... just a real simple install. Remove stock Hemi "Hat", tube and filter box. Filter shield mounts right in and the tube slid in with only a little work. **Note: I only saw one intake listed for the Dodge Ram... the guy I bought this off of, had a 4.7L. The TB adapter is just a hair smaller on it compared to the 5.7L one. I was a bit worried at first... but after a few minutes, I was able to stretch it over to fit.

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first thing addressed after the intake was on... was the oil return tube. I cut it off at one of the bends and put the new small filter on. It worked... but didn't look right because of the bend. So, I cut a piece off a section of the cutoff piece from before... and now it fits much nicer.

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Next thing to address... was the hole in the front. This is the hole that comes in the intake. A hole was drilled in the back previously because the IAT sensor couldn't reach the place intended. So... on a trip to the hardware store I bought a simple hollowed out rubber stopper. Went and found a nice chrome bolt to fit right in and it slid right into the hole for a nice snug fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Looks great!!

BTW...The refund cleared yesterday...Let me know if you find it within the next week before I buy a new one.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The last tweak I needed to do to complete all this... was the IAT sensor. I had to do a temp fit for it at first (shown in first pic... notice how it's stretched out and doesn't fit so snuggly), but I now have a PowerWire... so I was able to do a more permanet fit. Went to the hardware store and bought a "just right" size grommet to fit in the hole and shoved the IAT sensor in there. Nice and snug and not going anywhere.

I still need to go back and wrap up the PowerWire connection. I don't think there will be much of an issue... but it just seems a bit bare and too open for something like that for my taste. But other then that... it's all in and good to go.

Now I just need to get that damn EGR baffle spacer...

Attachments

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Matt... I've been all through my garage, truck and my old shop... I can't find it. I have no idea where it'd be as everything else I bought for the intake I was gonna build... is all right there. Sorry... now I've got a couple cone filters just laying around. lol

·
Registered
28,800 Posts
Bubba_Hemi said:
Matt... I've been all through my garage, truck and my old shop... I can't find it. I have no idea where it'd be as everything else I bought for the intake I was gonna build... is all right there. Sorry... now I've got a couple cone filters just laying around. lol
haha...I am gonna have some extras as well. I like the way that MAC came out. that is alot of chrome on that intake :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.