DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
The single plane M1 is the same height as the stock intake.

There are not really many alternatives. Huges engines offers ported stockers with modifed runners. There are not a lot of people who have gone that route. It is touted to keep the low end HP and torque. The single plane M1 is more of a racing intake with shorter runners so it makes more HP in the higher rpms. Some feel low end torque loss with the M1 alone. The dual plane M1 has even shorter runners and is better suited for motors making 400+ HP. The dual plane also requires minor modifications to install it.

You list a custom intake. What is it?

I don't know how much they are currently going for. I believe 350+ plus the install kit which is an additional 50 or so.

Talk to Dan Arcand. He'll set you up with everthing and tell you all you need to know. http://www.thefastman.com/

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
No there is a fuel injected one. A number of people are running them. John Warnet aka Durango Dude here has one.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
No. E-mail John but as I said, it takes a little work to get it to fit and it is not the best application for a stock engine. The runners are shorter than the single plane so it needs even higher rpms.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Yea I hear how much of a PITA CA is. I know a few people who have gotten away with the CA visual inspection with a M1 installed.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Sometimes? That kind of crap every two years would make me hate it year round. Who cares what is under the hood, as long as what comes out meets standards. That's the way NJ handles it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.