DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
my tuner only does dodges and specializes in the second gen so i would trust his judgement.
seen plenty running 10 on completely stock, the bottom end in the magnum is forged from factory.
there is a dakota with a 5.2 completely stock bottom end running 15lb making almost 550 to the wheels. so its doable. but for how long who knows lol

·
Registered
904 Posts
Do you happen to know if the bottom end of the V10 is forged as well?

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
v10s yes i believe so!
hey yeller! were can i get an air hat like that one?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Must not turbo V10...must not turbo V10

·
REDNECK SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
my tuner only does dodges and specializes in the second gen so i would trust his judgement.
seen plenty running 10 on completely stock, the bottom end in the magnum is forged from factory.
there is a dakota with a 5.2 completely stock bottom end running 15lb making almost 550 to the wheels. so its doable. but for how long who knows lol
so the stock 5.2 & 5.9 has forged crank, rods, & pistons? That's unexpected, but good to know.
I thought all factory cranks were cast, a member on here was posting up about a crank failure and it ended up being a casting defect...might have been aftermarket tho.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
pistons arent forged as far as i know. the air hat is a spectre. not the cheapest around but its almost 1/4 inch thick and very high quality. i kept blowing gaskets out of the plastic one and the aluminum one i had. so i spent the money for a good one.

·
R.I.P Big Blue
5,326 Posts
You can run a bigger turbo, keep it at 7psi, and make more power. Also, you can re-tune to bring the turbo on a couple hundred rpm later, that will save bottom end also. Or, run a bigger turbo which will not only spool at a higher rpm, but also make more power at less boost.

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
im actually running a bigger one now that spools sooner. i wasnt a fan of the lag with this one. if i didnt brake boost it i wouldnt hit 7 till 3500-4000

·
Registered
95 Posts
so the stock 5.2 & 5.9 has forged crank, rods, & pistons? That's unexpected, but good to know.
I thought all factory cranks were cast, a member on here was posting up about a crank failure and it ended up being a casting defect...might have been aftermarket tho.

i believe the last stock engine that came with a forged crank was in a 1977 slantsix, the v10s i have no idea

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
pistons arent forged as far as i know. the air hat is a spectre. not the cheapest around but its almost 1/4 inch thick and very high quality. i kept blowing gaskets out of the plastic one and the aluminum one i had. so i spent the money for a good one.

can you point me into the right direction? ;)

·
audio is my game
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
umm....i bought mine from a local performance dealer. but the part number is 9849 and its the spectre pro fab 4" plenum.
you can also go on spectre site and see if you like any of their other ones. they make a very nice dual inlet one.
http://www.spectreperformance.com/

check their stuff out. im very happy i bought one

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.