DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. got headers on the way and i am looking at also getting an m-1 intake. question is the one im looking at is for and egr version. can i still use it on a 2000 dakota 5.9? also it is just the intake manifold. what all would i need to install it. just gaskets? If i was to block off the port what does it look like? or what would i need to do it? thanks

· Registered
590 Posts
yap, will work just fine. need a plug and a block off plate along with the install kit (gaskets,spacers and new bolts). usually the block off plates come with, some may not.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply. I can get an install kit from summit. as for the block off plate. do you have any suggestions where i can get it from. maybe make one? it's probably just a peice of flat stock and i can seal it up. also, where can i get a turtle from and how much are they going for? thanks.

· Registered
590 Posts
IIRC the block off plates/plug comes with the install kit, if not Hughes Engines or socaldakota.com has them.

as for the turtle, pop over to bionicdodge.com and look for *Salarguy* ya need the "large" one if he has diff sizes (doubt it tho) tell him ya got a EGR M-1 and it will be threaded to screw in the port.

· Dakota for life!
825 Posts
I'm not certain of a block off plate, but there is a threaded plug that screws into the manifold located below underneath the throttle body bores. I just bough an EGR type and didn't see a block off plate in the kit. But did come with the threaded plug. Good luck!

· Registered
590 Posts
hey man, give Sam a call for the plate.

· Registered
1,829 Posts
The Dakota's don't see the low end loss with the M1 nearly like a 4x4 Ram does. The M1 killed my old '01 4x4 but I ended up getting a B&G M1 flash to bring back that low end. Now that SCT has flashing capabilities w/o sending your pcm anywhere, it's really the way to go if you DO end up wanting some low end power brought back. PM me later if you're interested in an SCT flash.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
should get the intake in a day or so. I've got a mopar performance pcm and am waiting on doing some more mods before getting my origional reflashed. also, its a 00' r/t. I want to put a shift kit in to help the trans. anybody know the part number for trans go? isnt there 2 kits i've read. I think its a 46re? right? thanks also. is it one of those things thats fairly easy to install? I've got a good bit of experience working on cars just never been in a trans before.

· Registered
590 Posts
ya, we have the 46re (basically a A518 with OD) follow the manual and be sure no bothers you your a-ok. youll need a in-lb torque wrench,,,,

· Registered
1,829 Posts
Here's an install tip. Once your stock intake is off, get a couple sheets of tinfoil and make a tray in your valley area that covers the ENTIRE area. As you clean up the old gasket material, it falls in the tin foil. Then you just fold it up and you don't have any crap laying down in the valley to be concerned with.

· Registered
18 Posts
hey, i have the m1, and although i am happy with its performance, i have heard that hughes engines has a manifold that flows better than the m1. they relocated the injectors and some other stuff. might want to look into that.

· Registered
590 Posts
bgarland1006 said:
hey, i have the m1, and although i am happy with its performance, i have heard that hughes engines has a manifold that flows better than the m1. they relocated the injectors and some other stuff. might want to look into that.

dyno numbers show no diff in comparison HP and TQ numbers. dollar for dollar, the M-1 is the best buy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.