DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a new steering kit from Ballistic Fabrication. Seems to be about the same as the bulletproof setup, but about $100 cheaper and you have to do some cutting and welding. Anyways, I can't decide on what to do about my track bar. My truck was lifted when I bought it and it has the factory track bar with a drop bracket welded in. I'm afraid to cut out the bracket (heavy welds), which doesn't leave me with very many options. My cheapest and easiest option would be to get a lukes link. I know there are mixed opinions on it, but I was wondering if anyone, especially with lifted trucks, has had any issues with it. I'm also wondering if it limits suspension travel. I'm just trying to get rid of all the wander and ge it realigned before I put on the new MTZ's.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Hack off the trac bar, even with the heavy welds. Check out www.thurenfabrication.com (if the link doesn't work, click the link in my sig line). They've got the beefiest trac bar I've ever come across, it's a weld in unit, and I can promise you that it's worth the $300 you're going to spend on it. Check out my write up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I went ahead and ordered the lukes link for now because I have to get it back together this weekend. Its the cheapest fix I can come up with until I have time to do it right . Over Christmas break I'll hopefully get around to making a permanent fix(and powdercoat everything as well), and the Thuren setup does seem to be the best.

A little off subject, but what are your opinions on airsoft bb's vs. regular balancing? This is on 35's on heavy steel fake beadlock wheels.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
wrstlr119 said:
Well, I went ahead and ordered the lukes link for now because I have to get it back together this weekend. Its the cheapest fix I can come up with until I have time to do it right . Over Christmas break I'll hopefully get around to making a permanent fix(and powdercoat everything as well), and the Thuren setup does seem to be the best.

A little off subject, but what are your opinions on airsoft bb's vs. regular balancing? This is on 35's on heavy steel fake beadlock wheels.
I don't know if I'd use the AirSoft BB's, but if you're talking about an internal balancing system vs standard lead weights, there's no comparison, especially with tires over 35" tall. With you only running 35's, you will be fine with the traditional lead weights. The only benifit of going to the internal balancing with your set up would be because of your wheels. Those fake bead locks look dayum good (I used to have 'em). BUT, they cake up with mud like no other, and that makes for a very bumpy ride home. The internal balancing beads should help to get rid of that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.