DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 35" tires on dick cepek 17" rims. Thanks!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
George, the torque spec changed from year to year. I torque mine to 115 ft. lbs. and call it a day

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
according to the manufacture recommended dose of grunts - its two grunts and a small fart.
:thatfunny would that be a squeaker?

·
Devil's Advocate
8,224 Posts
135 Ft lbs is stock I believe, I don't know why it would be different

·
HOTROD
590 Posts
according to the manufacture recommended dose of grunts - its two grunts and a small fart.

:thatfunny:thatfunny Thats the funniest s**t ive heard in a long time:thatfunny

·
^GM Goodwrench Certified^
2,918 Posts
tighten it down til it gets loose again, then back it off a quarter, or 135 ft lbs, whichever you choose.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I sharted a little at 135 so I think it's good.

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
tighten it down til it gets loose again, then back it off a quarter, or 135 ft lbs, whichever you choose.
Wouldn't it be great if some retard did that because he saw a chrysler tech say that? lol Nice way to f up someones studs. I know you were kidding, and I did laugh, but I would hate to see some 16 year old kid with his first car try that.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
135 ft-lbs is what the stockers need, won't be any different for different wheels. I can't even count the number of times I've seen Dodge Ram's on the side of the road with one of the front wheels missing, like it just comes off. If 135 seems high, don't worry, it's NOT....I even tend to go up to 145 ft-lbs just to be safe.

·
voo doo 1 I am buggin out
6,355 Posts
I used to to torque my Stock 20's at 110 ft lbs and had no issues.
I just got the Dick Cepek DC-1 Rims and torqued the lug nuts to 110 ft lbs and put maybe 75 miles on them and had my drivers rear wheel make alot of noise - 4 out of 5 lug nuts where loose on the one wheel and on the other 3 wheels one or two of the lugs nuts were loose as well.

Just to reconfirm - Rubberfrog is running the same rims as me - what are you torqueing yours to and have you had them loosen up at all since?

I will torque them at 135 ft lbs unless someone else has a diffrent answer

·
Registered Confuser
6,365 Posts
I used to to torque my Stock 20's at 110 ft lbs and had no issues.
I just got the Dick Cepek DC-1 Rims and torqued the lug nuts to 110 ft lbs and put maybe 75 miles on them and had my drivers rear wheel make alot of noise - 4 out of 5 lug nuts where loose on the one wheel and on the other 3 wheels one or two of the lugs nuts were loose as well.

Just to reconfirm - Rubberfrog is running the same rims as me - what are you torqueing yours to and have you had them loosen up at all since?

I will torque them at 135 ft lbs unless someone else has a diffrent answer
if im not mistaken, new wheels need to be tightened a couple times right after you put them on. Mine were that way as well.

I always torqued mine to 105-110 and never had an issue, didnt know factory recommended 135

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
i know this is old but i got this out of an 05 service manual..

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
They changed it a few times I think. There was a whole debate/thread on it years ago. Some said 110 others said 135. I just do 110 and i have never had any issues.

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
hey, aren't you gettin ready yet?...lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.