DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I'm having my wheels installed this weekend and wanted to know if there is a difference in torquing the lug nuts for stock versus aftermarket wheels. And seeing that the cast 22's are heavier than stock, would the standard 110lbs of torque be adequate? Although I'm not sure of the weight of the new wheel setup, I would think that from everyday driving, and performance issues, it would require more torque psi...

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
211 Posts
The problem with more torque on the lug nuts is that you stand a very good chance of warping the rotors with more torque. I would stick with the factory specs and watch the install to make sure they are not using an air gun on the install and the torque sequence is followed.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
armadillo said:
The problem with more torque on the lug nuts is that you stand a very good chance of warping the rotors with more torque. I would stick with the factory specs and watch the install to make sure they are not using an air gun on the install and the torque sequence is followed.
I guess the next logical queestion would be: Does the dealer have to recalibrate your tachometer every time you switch tire sizes on aftermarket wheels? For example, if I went from a 30 series tire to a 35 series tire, would they have to recalibrate the tach. or would it make any difference?

·
Registered
189 Posts
ProfeZZor X said:
Hey Guys, I'm having my wheels installed this weekend and wanted to know if there is a difference in torquing the lug nuts for stock versus aftermarket wheels. And seeing that the cast 22's are heavier than stock, would the standard 110lbs of torque be adequate? Although I'm not sure of the weight of the new wheel setup, I would think that from everyday driving, and performance issues, it would require more torque psi...

Any thoughts?
The torque is the same from oe to after market, the big thing to remember is that you want to have them re-torqued after 50 to 100 miles. This will ensure full compression of the alloy and that your lugs have not loosened. It's not a bad idea to have them checked at 1000 miles too. :rck:

110 is the correct torque :ylsuper:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Adjust the Tach, no Speedo yea. Use one of the online applets to figure out how far off your speedo will be, if its not more than a few MPH I wouldnt worry about it much. There maybe a factory size that can be set that will match yours.

-R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.