DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys installing my pacesetter wed with a bud of mine. I have the lts, stage 8 bolts, new mopar header gaskets, jack and jack stands, i still have to find a sawzall. Is there anything else i am going to need to do this. Does anyone know what type of blade i should use on the sawzall for the exhaust pipe and the tranny ear? And any other helpful hints would be appreciated!!
thanks

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well im only 18 but..
I live on a college campus so it makes it okay. thanks on the antiseize and do you know what size sockets ill need?

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
mine were 11 or 13mm i do believe. But it could be different

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so just standard wrenches!

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do i need a torque wrench for the header bolts or just torque them tight with a regular ratchet??

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
rollinstnd420 said:
do i need a torque wrench for the header bolts or just torque them tight with a regular ratchet??
You may be able to torque a couple of bolts, but most will have to be tightened with wrench. You also might find that the O2 bung on the passenger side is pointing straight up, bending the heat shield might give clearence, or like me you will need to have a new bung welded in the right location. One bolt hole on the passenger side header may need to be oblonged to use a header bolt, or just leave it out. A metal cutting blade, bi-metal I believe is what you'll need. Good luck and have fun!!!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
sawcut64 said:
You may be able to torque a couple of bolts, but most will have to be tightened with wrench. You also might find that the O2 bung on the passenger side is pointing straight up, bending the heat shield might give clearence, or like me you will need to have a new bung welded in the right location. One bolt hole on the passenger side header may need to be oblonged to use a header bolt, or just leave it out. A metal cutting blade, bi-metal I believe is what you'll need. Good luck and have fun!!!

sounds like a great quality product. No fitment issues at all. Sorry i'm just grumpy today

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Well it is a great performing product, probably the best performing header we have now. BUT the fitment issues SUCK, then again coated headers and y-pipe for less then $600 shipped makes up for the fitment issues...less then half the price of Dynatechs, and perform better.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sawcut64 said:
hey man i was planning on getting the bung moved so instead of standing sraight up make it lean to the right or left a lil.

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Get it welded so that it's pointed more towards the trans/engine.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks man, so move it from the top to more of the side pointing toward the engine?

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
Yes but you might want to test fit it first to get it in the right spot.

·
Josh
4,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok will do

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.