DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My kid has a '05 Durango. The slip says 9.25 3.55 LD. Is this a trac loc diff? And do they have the clip problems the earlier model 9.25 LSD have had? Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
455 Posts
Durango's 04 and up do not have a trac loc limited slip differential available as a available option. Instead they offer traction control that uses the ABS system as a available option. The LD stands for Light Duty.

·
Banned
8,865 Posts
The 8.25 diffs are c clip units. I dont believe that the 9.25's are c clip, but this should not be a problem for you unless you are planning on building your ride up to be a hardcore offroader.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to use the "clip" word. That is the common phase used for the Trac Lock keepers falling out on '02 and up models. It's a big problem with '02 and up Rams with the 9.25 LSD diff. I have a '02 which is out of warranty and am looking at least a $1,000 repair bill. That's with me soursing the parts myself and the labor to install the parts. Glad to hear the Duro has no LSD.

BTW, the 9.25 indeed uses C clips to retain the axle, or it does on Rams anyway. Bob

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
bob1340 said:
(snip) Glad to hear the Duro has no LSD.

Not me! :VHOT:

I have gotten stuck off roading already...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Beach Assault that's the best picture of a Durango I've ever seen.... :D

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Aw shucks! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.