DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I have 2002 qc 4.7 from a dead stop and turning it sounds like the axle is shifting ,pretty sure Im a clip victim and no warranty just wondering if anyone out there has had to pay for the fix and how much they spent? :help:

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
I know when mine were broken is what close to $3000.00 at the dealer. I think this might be a good time to do the upgraded gears and lsd kit, I have been quoted for that set up close to $1000.00. If I am wrong with this advice please let me know since I will be planning this setup down the road.

·
The Doc
302 Posts
The broken clips most everyone talks about are the small mile steel clips that hold the LSD clutch paks together. When these clips break, the clutch paks are not pressed together tightly causing the LSD to function at less than peak performance. If you think you have an axle shifting, then that is something completely different, and you should probably stop driving it. I am not sure the cost of the repair to the clutch pak clip problem, but it often requires complete replacement of the carrier portion of the diff.
The Doc...... :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.