DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put 20" wheels on and now I want to lower/level the rear. I'll probably start with drop shackles and want to know if that would affect the front end alignment?

Thanks, GR868
03 Hemi Ram 1500

·
derekrf
385 Posts
Start with the shackles and the overload spring removal. I went with the DJM shackles, but I hear slammed1 makes them lower. I sit pretty close to level with no alignment problems.

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
You wont have allignment problems at all because u are not messing with the front. Everything will turn up ok.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
hangers and shackles will probably get your back end level

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Get a hold of Slammed1 he sells Ground Force shackles that will give you 2" drop roughly...Then remove the overload spring which will give you about another 3/4" drop, which would bring you about 1/8" out of being level..You will not have to worry about aligment issues till you start to lower the front end....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I found this site a couple of days ago and haven't had much time to browse yet, but from what I've seen it going to be fun and informative.

Thanks again, GR868
03 Hemi Ram
68 Camaro SS

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
keven said:
Get a hold of Slammed1 he sells Ground Force shackles that will give you 2" drop roughly
GF shackles give you 1 1/2", not 2".

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
GF shackles give you 1 1/2", not 2".
Ground Force will give you anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 inch drop....Every truck is different so the shackles will effect the drop different....On my truck I got 2", my brothers 1 3/4" and a friend off mine got 2"....I know of a ton of trucks here lately that Slammed has leveled with Ground Force shackles and they all came out with a 2" drop....Also if you do not install the shackles correctly you will not get a full drop....

The stock shackle are 4 3/4" from center to center and most drop shackles are 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 from center to center....

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Black05Hemi said:
I got the 1 1/2 inches, maybe they're installed incorrectly?
No, they are never going to give u what they say. I have heard that everytruck sits differently. Depends on the miles and options it has ex. towing package. Im pretty sure that they are installed correctly. Ask Keven about other options to make it level. Good Luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.