DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bubba
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since brian is MIA (understandably he's busy) im gonnna post it up here.

ive got a 2/4 on my truck using coils and flip kit. ive taken it to 2 different shops and the dealer to have the alignment checked. they keep telling me it will not align correctly. is their something special i need to do to get this aligned all the way or is it only going to get to a certain point that im gonna have to deal with

im not exactly sure what is keeping it from aligning correctly, so im asking a question without giving you all the info

thanks for any help or ideas

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
there isnt anything special you need, it should line up fine. The only thing I could possibly think of is maybe you got a kit for an 02-05 and the springs are a different height maybe. Im not sure but it sounds to me like they just don't know how to do an alignment or just don't want too.

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
I was told the same thing by a few shops; I finally found a place that was able to align it properly-it rhymes with tirestone (seriously):truestory:. I think it all depends on the tech doing the alignment. Keep trying.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,086 Posts
ZAZ a DT member recently found a place in NOLA that aligned his truck with 23's and he was way out of alignment

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
The tech might need to ream out the holes on the upper control arms brackets to get wheels out further on the top. This is the only problem I have ever heard of on a 2/4 drop.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
there isnt anything special you need, it should line up fine. The only thing I could possibly think of is maybe you got a kit for an 02-05 and the springs are a different height maybe. Im not sure but it sounds to me like they just don't know how to do an alignment or just don't want too.
I agree. I have had a drop on and off my truck three different times and have always been able to get it aligned. I haven't heard of any other '06 owners with the same kit having issues.

·
You Gotta PAY To PLAY
1,995 Posts
Did you put the coils on the correct sides? Thats the only thing I can think of.

·
You Gotta PAY To PLAY
1,995 Posts
haha, I didn't even know they had to be on one side or the other, Ill have to keep an eye out for that when I lower mine
Only on the 06+ trucks as far as I know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.