DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
hmmmmmm now that you mention it ....

.... like I said - better to ask an expert on this one ...

when you find out - post it here, so we will have it for reference (please)

·
Registered
205 Posts
iN 1996 THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE TWEETERS IN THE POSTS , I PUT SEPERATE PODS IN SO I COULD USE THE 2 5/8 GAUGES THEY SELL 2 TO 3 GAUGE PODS FOR THE SMALLER GAUGES. I USED MECHANICAL GAUGES IF I WERE TO DO IT AGAIN I WOULD GO WITH ELECTRICAL MORE ROOM TO SNAKE THE WIRES THROUGH. MY ONLY PROBLEM WAS I HAD TO USE THE PLASTIC TUBING ON THE OIL GAUGE DO TO ROOM WOULD HAVE LIKED TO RUN THE METAL TUBING.MY OTHER PROBLEM WAS MAKING A BRACKET FOR THE TACH WITH OUT PUTTING ANY HOLES IN THE DASH , THIS TOOK A COUPLE TRY'S. THEN I RAN THE WIRES DOWN THE DEFROSTER VENT HOLES TO INSIDE OF THE DASH .I TAPED INTO MY COIL WIRE IN THE BLACK LOOM THAT RUNS UP BY THE FIRE WALL JUST FOLLOW THE COIL WIRES FROM THE COIL BACK. I AM TRYING TO KEEP ALL MY PARTS AND NOT BUTCHER THE TRUCK UP SO WHEN I GET OLDER AND WISER(70 OR 80) I CAN RETURN IT TO STOCK I EVEN BOUGHT A NEW PILLAR POST THAT THE GAUGES ARE MOUNTED TO. AS MY WIFE PUTS IT YOU HAVE SUCH A NICE TRUCK WHEN WILL YOU EVER BE HAPPY WITH IT ! IF YOU GO THE AUTOMETER WEB SITE YOU CAN SEE YOUR OPTIONS. I BOUGHT ALL MY PARTS THROUGH SUMMIT RACING. I CHOSE NOT TO PAINT THE GAUGE PODS BECAUSE MY FACTORY GAUGES ALL HAVE BLACK AROUND THEM THOUGHT THEY MIGHT FIT IN BETTER. I SEE YOU HAD YOUR TRUCK DYNO WHAT KIND OF #'S DID YOU GET ? I WILL TRY TO GET YOU SOME PICTURES OF MY MOUNT LATER WHEN IT GETS LIGHTER OUT THE TRUCK IS IN MY SHED FOR THE WINTER, HAD IT OUT YESTERDAY I AM GETTING THE ITCH !! I DRIVE A MY WIFES 2003 NEON FOR THE WINTER TALK ABOUT MISSING POWER!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I added some tach pictures to my gallery I hope this helps you out. I bought the metal at home depot and installed foam padding on bottom of all brackets to prevent damage to dash

·
Originating Member
35,160 Posts
indy360 said:
I added some tach pictures to my gallery I hope this helps you out. I bought the metal at home depot and installed foam padding on bottom of all brackets to prevent damage to dash
Do you remember how you wired it ?

Any different than the general instructions I left ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
there are 4 wires
1. White wire - I ran this to fuse block and taped off of dash light fuse

2. Red wire - taped off of fuse block ignition power

3. Black - grounded it on the metal dash frame behind knee pad under steering wheel

4. Green - Ran this to under hood (through rubber groumet) to the negative side of ignition coil (black/gray wire)

make sure you tap off of the fuse side of fuse not the hot side - to check remove fuse and see which side has the power then tap off of the other side

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.