DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in the McGaughy's 2"-4.5" Deluxe Drop Kit With spindles, rear flip and rear shock extensions, but I have 305/45/22 inch tires and concerned that they will rub the fender wells. I have a lot tread wear left
and really don't want to go to a smaller tire because I don't want any
rougher ride than I have now with the big wheels and tires. All I know is that after installing the 22"s my ride got a little rougher and just me thinking going with a smaller tire size like the 40 it will get rougher. I installed KYB
GR-2 shocks which helped a lot and installed 1" bump stops also to give the
front end more travel than the lousy factory bump stops which didn't allow that much travel at all. Any info would be
greatly appreciated.

Has anyone did the 2"-4.5 drop with 305/45/22s? I would hate to spend that kind of money and the front tires rub the fenders.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I believe happyhour and another buddy of his from Arizona both have 305/45s up front. I rubbed pretty harsh with my factory 275/60-20s which are roughly 33" tall. After stepping down to a shorter tire its like heaven. :) But basically you will have to adjust/experiment with different size bumpstops. Thats what I had to do on my drop until I found a size that kept me from rubbing. Although I was back to limiting my front suspension travel. :( Now I have shorter 295/50-20s up front and short low pro bumpstops. The ride is much improved even with a lower profile sidewall, because I gained more suspension travel back.

KB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.