DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, which is the best way to go? my tires are 305/40/22. i want it lowered to where the top of the tire is even with the tip of the fender, maybe 1/2 inch higher.
i really need some help about this because i nothing about it. any recommendations, thoughts? thanks!

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
That sounds like a 4/6 drop to me. PM Slammed1 and he can hook you up.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
BTW, I have a pic of his truck in my gallery if you want to check it out.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Id say thats a little closer to about a 6/8. 305/40s are only about 31 inches tall. If I could go back and start over, I would have wnet airbags to begin with. It would have saved me in the longrun.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lowering

sounds good, ill send him a pm. hey spharis, so are you saying that airbags would be the better way to go?

·
Registered
725 Posts
if you need someone to bag your truck in cali..

if your close to IF customs Go with them

http://ifcustom.com/ (Iaccino Fabrication)

that is if you plan on having someone else do it, If you plan on bagging it yourself .. then go for it. if you have anyquestions i can help you if you need it

I say bag it but you have to be extreme to do that. If you just want a couple inches of inch go with art for like 3500 bucks just for the bolt on kits

you can bag it with standart parts and kit twice the lift and frame out for the a little more.
ART = :tdwn: :tdwn:

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
dropmob said:
ART = :tdwn: :tdwn:

Agreed. I found out this year that I could have used just regular parts to 'bag my truck with labor for the price I payed just for the ART kit itself (not installed)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NHRam said:
Agreed. I found out this year that I could have used just regular parts to 'bag my truck with labor for the price I payed just for the ART kit itself (not installed)
what exactly would i need to get/have done and around how much would it cost? :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
this from http://suicidedoors.com

AIR MANAGEMENT KIT # 4 $1099.99
· TWO VIAIR 450 COMPRESSORS
· TWO 5-GALLON 8-PORT AIR TANK
· 4 GC 3/8" VALVES 250 PSI (DUMPS)
· 4 GC 1/2" VALVES 250 PSI (FILLS)
· 10 SWITCH BOX "ANY COLOR"
· PRESSURE SWITCH
· RELAY FOR COMPRESSOR
· 2 DUAL NEEDLE 200PSI GAUGES
· 1 SINGLE NEEDLE 200 PSI GAUGE
· 50' OF 1/2" DOT AIRLINE
· 50' OF 1/4" DOT AIRLINE
· 4 AIRLIFT GEN 2 BAGS 180 PSI

Keep in mind you will still need about $200 in fittings
then what to do to your rear end ie 2link or 4 link.
then for the front aftermartet arms like byc arms ($300 for 3g rams)

But in the end you still only spend a little more then art and you have a whole lot more for your money just like nhram said..

It is in no way cheap to bag your truck so keep this in mind in your desecion . cause you can do a mcgauphss 4.5/7 for less then $600 ..

·
Registered
725 Posts
mikeinsane82 said:
what exactly would i need to get/have done and around how much would it cost? :D
if your near slymar Call ifcustom

To have a shop install a kit your lookin at about 4 to 4500gs..

art kit alone is 3500 for the slow kits and this is not installed like nhram said.

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
Yea, I was into just over $4,000 for the kit and install.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
From Gulf Coast Customs

-------------------------------
We do still carry the kits, however that was a typo on the price, it supposed to be $675 plus shipping. That kit does come with prefabbed bridge kit link bars upper and lower bag mounts panhard bar shock mounts poly-eurethane bushings and all mounting hardware We also have a front kit for the new rams for $495 that kit includes lower control arms poly-eurethane bushings shock relocator kit upper bag mounts and all mounting hard ware Sorry about the typo, let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to order one of these kits.
-------------------------------------------------------
manufactured by EKMW
extensive metal works in Houston. Very well known fabricator. You have seen their work in numerous magazines. I think they also did the Burgandy Dodge with half black that lays out.

On top of these parts you will also need an Air Management Sysyem of some sort. MIC has some good ones at decent prices. www.masterimagecustoms.com

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just found out your 28 miles from Sylmar Ifcustom is your spot..

(818) 837-3000 if you take anywhere else your fault .

You get what you pay for as for best in the west coast they are it.
They your airride source as brian is your static drop source..

spharis said:
Thats a good price on a nice kit from SD
I recommend running 3/8 dumps over 1/2
I have 1/2 all around and i got 1/4 compression fittings on my dumps to slow them down cause 1/2 is way to dayum fast.

Oh and ekstensive did do the maroon ram that is body dropped

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lowering

thanks for all the help guys. i didnt realize it would be so expensive. going that direction wouldnt leave me with money to get rims, tonneou cover, taillights/headlights, and stereo that i want. so i think its better to go with a lowering kit. hey dropmob, you mentioned a "mcgauphss 4.5/7" is that any good? will it get me the drop im looking for? will 305/40/22s work? gimme some info about it if you have any thanks!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Slammed 1 is the expert there. but yes that drop will put you down to the tire i don't see you having any rubbing issues. with that kit you get a bolt in cnotch so you don't slap your axle on the frame. Also if you want to keep a budget under 1g go with mcguaphys level kit , it is bags you bolt to your leaf with brackets so that way you can steel haul stuff with your truck if you want to.. ie people ? lol

good luck with your endevor what ever it is

Remember Big wheels don't make your ride custom.

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
a McGaughys 4-6 kit will not work with a 305/40/22 unless a lot more mods and relocating parts is done.......a 285/35/22 is the key to hardly any rubbing!!! a drop of 4-6 will be very critical of tire height and wheel offsets.....choose carefully.......McGaughys doesnt make a 4.5 -7 kit...just to clarify!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lowering

i plan on going with DUB Esinems 1pc 22s. i went on this website that sells tires and this is the info: 22x10, with Nitto NT555 285/35ZR22 tires, the height is 29.9". would the McGaughys 4-6 kit work fine or would there still need to be more mods on it?

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
mikeinsane82 said:
i plan on going with DUB Esinems 1pc 22s. i went on this website that sells tires and this is the info: 22x10, with Nitto NT555 285/35ZR22 tires, the height is 29.9". would the McGaughys 4-6 kit work fine or would there still need to be more mods on it?
what is the offset of the rims????? The tire height is fine for that drop but the rim offset needs particular attention paid to closely for no rubbing issues!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.