DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to lower my 02 Ram/2wd reg cab. Problems are, im sorta on a budget and im gonna have 22/SRT10 on it and I dont want to roll the fender. So I need some pointers on what isnt gonna rub and run upwards of $1k with the shocks most importantly.

-Someone else said with a 2/4 drop and 22s his tires rubbed. If you experienced this speak up...

-Did anybody experience any problems with their drop and needed to do any other adjustments... (c-notch, bump stops, driveshaft problems control arms etc. I wouldnt think any driveshaft or c-notch mods would be necessary with just a 2/4 drop but Im just givin examples.)

-Any problems with alignment after lowering?

If you could post some pictures of your drop with 22s and give your setup/cost and any problems that occurred after the lower, if any, that would help me in knowing what to look for since this is my first time lowering anything. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
2/4 should be fine...

I would normally say order from slammed1 but he isnt taking orders at the moment. So i dont know where to order it from.

What size tire are you running on the srt22s?

Get the deluxe kit with spindles most say it rides better than the coils but the coils are cheaper. Also supposed to align easier and better as the spindles keep the factory geometry. The McGaughys deluxe kit is what im about to install.

Nitro Active Drop II shocks those are supposed to be the best.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
2/4 should be fine...

I would normally say order from slammed1 but he isnt taking orders at the moment. So i dont know where to order it from.

What size tire are you running on the srt22s?

Get the deluxe kit with spindles most say it rides better than the coils but the coils are cheaper. Also supposed to align easier and better as the spindles keep the factory geometry. The McGaughys deluxe kit is what im about to install.

Nitro Active Drop II shocks those are supposed to be the best.
Thanks alot man. Covered about everything. As far as tires I guess ill run a 305/40 but that wont help much profile wise compared to a 305/45 like im runnin now. And what about Mcgaughys kits from them direct or from other websites? I notice alot of people get it from vendors like slammed1 on here but I dont know why. They gettin discounts or something? (guess Im a noob in this area).

I also noticed the flip kit from them is a 4.5 drop in the rear. According to my measurements now, that leaves me with less than a inch for fender-tire clearance if its a true 4.5" drop.

Anybody know if that kinda drop will require any pinion adjustments?

Edit- I almost forgot. The Mcgaughys kit is all bolt on right? No welding to be done?

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Thanks alot man. Covered about everything. As far as tires I guess ill run a 305/40 but that wont help much profile wise compared to a 305/45 like im runnin now. And what about Mcgaughys kits from them direct or from other websites? I notice alot of people get it from vendors like slammed1 on here but I dont know why. They gettin discounts or something? (guess Im a noob in this area).

I also noticed the flip kit from them is a 4.5 drop in the rear. According to my measurements now, that leaves me with less than a inch for fender-tire clearance if its a true 4.5" drop.

Anybody know if that kinda drop will require any pinion adjustments?

Edit- I almost forgot. The Mcgaughys kit is all bolt on right? No welding to be done?
Everyone orders from slammed1 because he is a site sponsor so you are supporting this site and those who contribute to it, as well as he has the lowest price that you will find. I think his deluxe kit with nd2's is 805 shipped and the cheapest I have found the drop kit for is $550 and the shocks are $46 each, and thats not including shipping.

As far as the kit being bolt on, yes its bolt on, but yes it requires welding as well. You need to have the spring perches on the axle welded up the rest of the way. The factory doesnt weld them all the way because they don't need to. But you are changing the forces that will be applied to it so now it does. Otherwise they will break off and your driveshaft will try to go through the bed of your truck.

·
Registered
31,151 Posts
Not to burst the bubble..........but from what I have read Slammed1 is not taking orders at the moment.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Not to burst the bubble..........but from what I have read Slammed1 is not taking orders at the moment.
Ive read the same. Your best bet is to shoot over to ebay or just about any other truck website. Stylin Trucks has some pretty good prices too and they have the shocks and the drop kit so you could make 1 purchase

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
i ordered from stylin concepts, prices seemed competitve with slammed1. i would have ordered from him too, but when i bought my drop he was MIA moving his shop...understandable though.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
This is the best price I have found on a spindle kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...021QQitemZ310119047729QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And this is the best price I have found on a springs kit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-0...021QQitemZ310119048465QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

you can also get the shocks on ebay as well. From summit racing on ebay they are $42 each and a total of $11.95 shipping for all 4 if you buy them all at the same time. You will need the following numbers

8001 - for spindle front or 8006 - for spring front
8504 - for the rear

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
There are two wholes in the McGaughys kit. One is for 4" the other is for 4.5"

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
thanks guys.
No need to thank me. Im just making a shopping list for myself you just happened to post at the right time :D:D:D:D
:angle::angle::angle:
:wavey::wavey::wavey:
:drivingz::drivingz::drivingz::drivingz:
:bman::bman::bman::bman:
:party0003::party0003:
:dwave::dwave:
:truestory:
:dtrocks:

·
DFWRAM
2,254 Posts
305/40/r22 and you should be fine with a 2/4 drop

and WHAT BRIANJ isnt taking orders????!?!?!?!?!?1:YO:

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
Yes, Brian is on hiatus as we speak boys. Getting some other things together before he jumps back into internet sales.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.