DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone lowered just the rear end? How involved is this process? Could I. . . say lower the rear and put a "air bag helper". for pulling toys?

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
It's called leveling. Talked to slammed1. He does it in 3 minutes with a paperclip, dental floss and swiss army knife.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
2262930 said:
Has anyone lowered just the rear end? How involved is this process? Could I. . . say lower the rear and put a "air bag helper". for pulling toys?
Yea talked to Slammed1 he carries GroundFroce Shackles that lower the rear end 2" and if you remove the overload spring that will give you another 3/4" and that is pretty close to level.

Last time i checked i thought he could do it in 2:59.321

BB

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would I need extra help for pulling a boat if I take out overload springs?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anybody have a picture?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Overload springs are geared towards what you haul in your bed . If your boat trailor is setup that it don't put alot of tongue weight.. you have no worries without the overload
But helper bags would be the way to go regardless

2inch shackles and helper bags.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for info. By the way, what is the "coin holder edition?"

·
Registered
111 Posts
I took out the center spring in the 3 leaf pack as per Slammed1 in another thread. It lowered my rear almost 3" (2 7/8") and I still have my overload for heavier loads or tounge weights. It rides much better now. I did cut my bump stops about an inch.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
2262930 said:
Thanks for info. By the way, what is the "coin holder edition?"
A lot of people on here are overly proud of the coin holders they have in their truck's center console. My truck was used and lacking said coin holder.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I carried about 800lbs. in the bed of mine the other day. I have around a 5" rear drop with no overload. It definetely squated the back down some more. With my C-Notch though I was not bottoming out at all.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Double post...:eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sound's like a purchase from Slammed1 (GroundFroce Shackles ) and a overload spring removal should do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So if i get the GF shackles and remove the overload spring i will be sittin just about level? I sometimes carry 2 dirtbikes in my bed so would bags do the trick? Also, i want a smoother ride, would getting Nitro Active shocks help? If not, what would. Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the stock springs de-arched 4" ( they looked flat before installation) and installed some air shocks so that I could add some load capicity if needed. After researching the specs, I found that Gabriel Hi Jacker kit part #49155 would be about 2" or so shorter in both extended and collapsed positions. This setup works well for me. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.