DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have understood Stratus has a sporty reputation and the suspension is harder than in other cars of its class. I bought my Stratus used, 48000 miles on the meter, so I don't know how "sporty" the suspension is supposed to be, in a new Stratus, but mine feels far too soft for my taste (used to drive a 40 mm lowered Opel Vectra before). Perhaps time to update suspension altogether. I've been browsing and asking around for shocks, struts, springs, coilover sets but the car seems to be a bit exotic here in Finland and at least the domestic selection, sets readily available athe shops, is somewhat limited. How have you Americans modified your rides, and do you prefer some domestic US parts, sets?
If the Stratus suspension is already good, I don't want to spoil it by overdoing, lowering too much. And how wide tyres you use? Used to have 205/50/15 in my Opel, and for the Stratus I intend to get 17" wheels, perhaps 215/40-50/17 tyres. Regulations here would allow 225 width, as long as the tyre does not stick out of the car hull. Sporty would be nice - but I do not want to loose all the American comfort. Suggestions, notes, hints, anyone? :)

·
Official qwerty thief
2,319 Posts
check out eibach, they make a nice 1.5in drop kit for the cars. gives a slightly harder ride but cornering and such is dramaticly improved. You may want to check out dreamspeed2.com as he has laot of parts and such for the stratus. Also you can check out stratusphere and cloudars.org for more info. These are two sites dedicated to the "cloud cars"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.