DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed this earlier, had to cut out the plastic piece a little for air flow and so bugs dont get back there and get nasty... So I think it looks OK but Im not really caring for the grill itself.. i dont yet... hopefully I can find a cheap Sport bumper and save me from this.

Attachments

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
lol it doesn't look that bad :D

·
???????
1,426 Posts
Good job,I think it looks good.Thinking about doing that myself.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I say, DONT PAINT THAT PIECE IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET A GRILL LOL all the red paint came off when I was cutting it with a razor, that also made it worse for me.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
maka said:
I just installed this earlier, had to cut out the plastic piece a little for air flow and so bugs dont get back there and get nasty... So I think it looks OK but Im not really caring for the grill itself.. i dont yet... hopefully I can find a cheap Sport bumper and save me from this.
Why not tape over the 2nd and 4th bar and the spacing will be closer to your grille. That's what uncbob did and it looks great!

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mopar fan said:
Why not tape over the 2nd and 4th bar and the spacing will be closer to your grille. That's what uncbob did and it looks great!
Very true, I will have to look into, although Im pretty sure this babys gonna be up for sale.... Going to have to wait and see.

·
15,912 Posts
I have the same one. I love it and the bugs do not get stuck back there so they can't come out. When I wash the truck they come out.

EDIT - I think you should try the 2nd and 4th trick like uncbob. It might change your mind.

Attachments

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm the piece covering the grill??? ... I dont know we will see by the next few days. Is that cool? Im so lost right now with what I want to do. I could always paint it black ...

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Looks great, man. That's what I want:)

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
Man,leave it on it looks great.Just get the Matching main grille :) Hey I just got the box with the cubbie and the Ash tray :D:D:D:D:D:D Thanks man :)

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CRMRAM said:
Man,leave it on it looks great.Just get the Matching main grille :) Hey I just got the box with the cubbie and the Ash tray :D:D:D:D:D:D Thanks man :)
haha awesome enjoy it, Im prolly going to sell my chrome billet grille and buy a matching one like you said,... Just got to get my main black grille back on next week and see if anyone will buy it for what I want.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
maka said:
haha awesome enjoy it, Im prolly going to sell my chrome billet grille and buy a matching one like you said,... Just got to get my main black grille back on next week and see if anyone will buy it for what I want.
Ohh I already am enjoying it.I am playing with it as we speak :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You should also try getting your shell painted.Will look bad ass with the billet grille :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I've been thinking that mine has too many horizontal lines in the grill....
Do you want to trade with mine?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am looking into that this winter, I am getting a Rollpan from Slammed 1 for a Christmas present from my parents. So while the paint is out I might try painting my grill. If I can sell this damn laptop I have I will try and get a ST work truck grill shell to paint.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
maka said:
I am looking into that this winter, I am getting a Rollpan from Slammed 1 for a Christmas present from my parents. So while the paint is out I might try painting my grill. If I can sell this damn laptop I have I will try and get a ST work truck grill shell to paint.
There are some on ebay for dirt cheap from people that upgraded to a painted or a chrome one.Ill keep a look out.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
vinstang67 said:
I've been thinking that mine has too many horizontal lines in the grill....
Do you want to trade with mine?
Sounds awesome, my stock grill is in nearly perfect condition and I bought it brand new about 3 months ago. No chips or scratches on it. How is yours? I am willing to do this trade, and the 1 remote key fob and call it even?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
CRMRAM said:
There are some on ebay for dirt cheap from people that upgraded to a painted or a chrome one.Ill keep a look out.
what happened to that old one u had on ur new 06 bumper? Does that fit the older models even though the shape is somewhat different?

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
My grill inserts are bolted over the stock honeycomb.
Why don't you stop by TN on the way to FL. It would save us shipping cost.

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
maka said:
what happened to that old one u had on ur new 06 bumper? Does that fit the older models even though the shape is somewhat different?
The 06 grille???
That is my old one,just had it de-chromed and re painted.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.