DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a 08 reg cab, and the other day a low tire pressure sensor came on, first off i didnt no i had that on my truck, learn new things bout it every day, but like i said it came on, all my tires look ok, took it to the dodge house today to get my oil changed, told them to look at it, and they told me it was becasue my tires were to inflated, well got in the truck and about 5 miles down the road it came back on, has any one had this had this issue, ill have to take it back to them next week

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
pirk56 said:
Ive got a 08 reg cab, and the other day a low tire pressure sensor came on, first off i didnt no i had that on my truck, learn new things bout it every day, but like i said it came on, all my tires look ok, took it to the dodge house today to get my oil changed, told them to look at it, and they told me it was becasue my tires were to inflated, well got in the truck and about 5 miles down the road it came back on, has any one had this had this issue, ill have to take it back to them next week
You never said you actually put a gauge on them. Is the pressure right or not? If a pressure gauge says the pressure is right but your light is on, then you possibly have a bad sensor. These systems are like an idiot light in the dash. they have a threshold and when it's crossed, it triggers the light. You may have a sensor that trips it in the wrong spot. Also, the dealer was jerking you, these sensors trip on low pressure not high pressure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
the day i picked up my 08 qc 4x4 big ho the the tire light was on ,,,,but it was -36c ,,,,tire pressure had droped because of the cold,,,,was ok when it warmed up

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had a Jeep Liberty with tire pressure senors and it would also track the spare tire pressure. It was annoying on cold days, so you may want to check the spare.

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
I made this comment in the past. I believe it applies here to anyone that can’t buy and properly use an air gauge.

The stupidity of the humanity is only exacerbated by the fact that morons are not culled out by predators; and stupid people breed like rabbits.

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
I had mine go on while driving and then 30 seconds later it went off and didn't come back on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not one of them guys that checks there air pressure in the tires every morning, to make sure i get the best mpg, i can tell when tires are low, they were not, the sensor comes off and on, and i new the guy was full of crap when he told me it was becasue it had to much air in them, i just didnt have time to deal with them, why is it so hard to find a decent dealership, ill just make sure the dealership knows i aint messin around next time i go, and make sure it gets fixed, not one to let people walk over me, and as one guy said before, it is a dummy light, bad thing is, the dummy lights never work like they are supose to, more of a pain in the a$$ than good, but owell

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Actually, I believe in the system and wish I had it. We all have gauges and can check our air pressure, this system was not designed to replace that. It's there for safety. Who the hell can accurately tell me what their pressure is on a long hwy trip? Your gauge isn't as useful once those tires are heated up. If you are towing a trailer and you develop a leak after that last fuel stop, you really won't know it until it's too late. This system will at least give you a head's up that something is wrong. If you didn't have an oil pressure gauge, wouldn't you at least want an idiot light?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.