DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Suckin Gas & Haulin A$$
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where i could get a low temp thermostat for a 4.7???

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Autozone...get a 180 t-stat

·
Registered
152 Posts
Where can i get one for my HEMI? And what diffierence does it make MPG and performance wise?

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
It's my understanding they dont have a 180 t-stat for the 4.7 motors.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
RedHemiRam03 said:
Where can i get one for my HEMI? And what diffierence does it make MPG and performance wise?
Autozone....Part Number...Stant 800-180....its like $2.99

No change in MPG...and the engine runs cooler. With a programmer there will be a performance gain.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts

·
Dakota for life!
823 Posts
Consider me corrected. Thanks for the info.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Glenn Coper said:
A got a STANT, at PEP BOZ for the 5.7 for $15. must of forgot
my change!!!!! The STANT # 35168..
I think it was $15 because you shopped at pep boys.

·
MFIC
682 Posts
TTURedRaider09 said:
Autozone....Part Number...Stant 800-180....its like $2.99

No change in MPG...and the engine runs cooler. With a programmer there will be a performance gain.
im assuming the 800-180 will fit the 05 1500? probably a stupid question..

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
Russellabjr said:
im assuming the 800-180 will fit the 05 1500? probably a stupid question..
There all no stupid questions. Yes, it will fit an '05.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
1. did u put the thermostat in right?
2. got radiator fluid?
3. try resetting the pcm

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Ok I'm curious about the thermostat change. I have a Superchips program on the truck and was wondering if I went with the 180 will it help the performance? What is the stock thermostat temperature?

·
Registered
155 Posts
In the gagilliion posts I've read about thermostats, there is a "perforance gain" to adding the 180 t-stat with a programmer, but little/barely noticable gain for just the 180 t-stat. The difference I've seen posted is that there is like a .23 mpg loss on the 180 t-stat. FWIW.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Please don't reply, I found the answer. Higher temperatures get better fuel efficiency. Found it in an old post.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I dont cair to mutch about the perforance gain of the stat but just that fact that it makes the truck run cooler makes me happy but i still cant keep the check engion light off i put it in right ...the fluid is full....and i rest the pcm a cupple of times now

·
One day at a time
1,003 Posts
Well I was thinking about doing this mod but if the check engine comes on forget it. I don't see why it would come on just because the engine is running cooler.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I have had mine in over a year now and have never had a CEL light come on. The person that had this happen must have another issue aside from the change of thermo. Might wanna go to autozone and have them check that light and tell you what it is.

KB

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
mullinax05 said:
Ok I'm curious about the thermostat change. I have a Superchips program on the truck and was wondering if I went with the 180 will it help the performance? What is the stock thermostat temperature?
Stock thermostat on a HEMI is 203 degrees. You will see more gains with a 180 t-stat if you HAVE a programmer. I was going to wait for my Superchips to arrive, but I just gave in and installed the t-stat. So yes, add a thermostat.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.