DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what percentage is the hp loss through drivetrain on a 2WD quad cab hemi ? what do they dyno stock ?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I heard it from 17 to 25%.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
ive heard 20%

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that sounds low. i was guessing more like 50% loss since i have heard as low as 230rwhp stock. 345hp - 25% loss would be 276rwhp stock

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Wow! Us 287 guys must really take it in the shorts on the dyno then. I'd like to see torque curves because I'm guessing that ours (albeit lower) really drops off with higher RPM.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
hemi-dad said:
the quad cabs dyno that high ?
Yep, you'll also see some dyno a little higher, and some lower. Whether it is a regular cab or quad cab won' matter on the dyno. It would on the track, but the dyno is just judging power.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
kruser79 said:
Wow! Us 287 guys must really take it in the shorts on the dyno then. I'd like to see torque curves because I'm guessing that ours (albeit lower) really drops off with higher RPM.
Yeah you do, it was a while ago when I had my 4.7 and was looking for more power, I remember reading that with all of his mods AirRam was struggling to get 200rwhp on the dyno. :dunno:

·
Tank Mech
3,687 Posts
Some day I'd like to step up to a CTD Mega Cab. Try my hand at building power with one of these new oil-burners. Any new power for me is going to be expensive now, but I'll keep trying to wring more out of the lit'l brother.

But I like spankin' F-150s and Silverados... and tellin' them it wadn't a Hemi that did it. :D

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
My 4X4 QC Hemi dynoed 270rwhp with just the cai and exhaust. That is a 22% drivetrain loss.

·
Whiskey Bent & Hell Bound
2,277 Posts
Ive only had mine dynoed once, it was bone stock and got 279 rwhp. Im not sure which dyno it was.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats good. much better than i thought. i would think a good torque converter and aluminum driveshaft would cut into that loss a good bit

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The quadcabs come with an aluminum drive shaft, at least all the 2wd's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.