DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The trans seems to be slipping and sometimes there is a complete loss of power taking off. But is is somewhat intermittent, the engine light is on and the code is P1762 which comes up transmission governor pressure sensor. Can it be changed by dropping the pan? Has anyone had this problem and know the part number?

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
The governor pressure sensor and solenoid are both on the valve body and yes the pan needs to be removed to access. It's not uncommon for thos parts to have issues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 01 r/t (for 3weeks now) and the tranny is slipping just as you describe. However the engine light has never appeared, I wonder if it is the same problem? I purchased a warranty and it is going in for service on tues. It had better be covered! I'll let you know what they come up with.

·
Keystoner
5,534 Posts
Usually it's the TPS. throttle position sensor, but if it's kicking out a code then that's a little different. r/t360 let us know what they tell ya. Make sure you mention the TPS. Don't let em BS ya

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK, the D is still in the shop. the verdict is a "seal failure" which caused a "clutch pack failure" The only thing they are not replacing is the case itself. As far as the warranty is concerned an appraiser from the warranty company is coming on friday to check the claims by the dealership that this was indeed the problem, and that this is not a commercial vehicle. The service mgr. said if there were any problems we will take it to the used dept. and force them to pay for it. As long as its fixed and no out of pocket $ from me and i'm good. In the meantime my wife is driving a neon sxt provided by the dealership, and she is PISSED!
I'll keep you up to date.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok I have her back. total = $2824.12, my out of pocket = $0
they rebuilt the entire tranny and the warranty covered 100%
She seems to be driving OK
Should I be aware of any break in procedure?
The service mgr said no but I don't trust them.

·
WORLD'S GREATEST TRUCK
4,435 Posts
No HOLE SHOTS!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.