DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a week ago I put a Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust on my 05 1500 quad cab with the 5.7 Hemi. Putting the exhaust on my truck has caused my power at low end to suffer and the truck use to hit the gov at 110 mph no problem, felt like the engine had more. Now Im getting 105-107 if im lucky.. obvouisly before the gov ever kicks in. Some say its normal to lose low end power.. This correct?? Does changing the intake get the power back or what do I need to do? Talked with the exhaust shop about adding a resinator (spelling) infront of the muffler to quiet it down a hair and add little bit of back pressure back to the engine.. dunno if itll help. Little help please. :tdwn: :grum:

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
i had a flowmaster 50 series on my other truck and i felt the same thing. Lost low end torque. Flowmaster doesnt flow worth crap, just makes a bunch of noise. I had alot better luck with magnaflow

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its actually louder then I really wanted...but I just put the money into the system. Gained all the power back after switching to magnaflow?

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
im not sure about gaining the power back with magnaflow cause i traded the 05 4.7 with flowmasters to the 07 hemi with magnaflow so i couldnt give ya a straight answer on the difference of the 2 on the same truck. I just know im very happy with magnaflow on the Hemi

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I noticed a power loss with my 03 after going to a flowmaster, my 05 was a Daytona so I left the Borla on and it was great. I have an 07 4x4 now and also want to change exhaust but cannot risk loosing power (pullin the bassboat). Sure wish I could get a little better sound and not lose the power.

·
Registered
172 Posts
shocking to hear, because ive had flowmaster on a few of my vehicles and currently my truck and i love it sounds great and noticed a difference in power, but didnt notice the change until after it was broke in! may need a lil time is all

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
i dont think you'd have any problem pullin a bass boat. Theres plenty of horses under the hood to get it movin. My truck pulls our bass boat no problem

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
I have a Flowmaster 50 HD SI/SO dumped after the muffler. I felt a power increase over the Magnaflow I had installed. Give it some time to learn the new flow. It'll be fine. :)

Sil

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
get rid of the flowcrapper

·
Deployed.. Again :(
177 Posts
had flowmaster 40 series on my 4.7L and felt the same loss, after 2 months i switched to a magnaflow and liked much better.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im so tempted to go switch it to a magnaflow... Just curios how much its going to cost to have it switched out after just paying the money for this system.. :VHOT:

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Go with an Aeroturbine
I chirped my tires from start right after I had it installed
Didn't do it before

Once I put my Pacesetter Mids and SC tune in
I lay rubber and fishtail from a start unless I ease in --then I chirp 2nd

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the sound clip I found, aeroturbine on the hemi sounds nice, little louder then the magnaflow, yet not as loud as the flowmaster. Didnt lose any power?

·
SOFA KING AWESOME
575 Posts
do you have the SI DO or SI SO? the dual outlet mufflers flow horrible, I dont know why, but they do. I lost power according to the dyno using a SI DO flow versus stock, however using a SI SO made more power..... :cool:

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
RedRaiderHemi said:
do you have the SI DO or SI SO? the dual outlet mufflers flow horrible, I dont know why, but they do. I lost power according to the dyno using a SI DO flow versus stock, however using a SI SO made more power..... :cool:
+1

I've lost power on other vehicles before by using a flowmaster with the dual outs. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone based on my expereinces with them. YMMV.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
I agree with you Heath. Also I have had the flow master on my truck and now have the aero and the aero is a lot louder and you can feel the power difference right away!

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
05whitehemi said:
I agree with you Heath. Also I have had the flow master on my truck and now have the aero and the aero is a lot louder and you can feel the power difference right away!
the aero definitely louder than 40 series too or just 50?? I might try to switch my setup to si/so, i Have a dual outlet super40 right now.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.