DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed when i was towing my fully loaded down truck with my fully loaded utility trailer, when i was accelerating on the highway, it seemed like the flap closed and no heat was coming out , yet i could still hear it blowing, and i'd let off the gas and it'd be blowing back out.

Also, i have air in my coolant system, every time i go around a corner or up hill i can it slosh into the heater core.. how do i fix this?

· ******* Yankee
2,570 Posts
sony224422 said:
I noticed when i was towing my fully loaded down truck with my fully loaded utility trailer, when i was accelerating on the highway, it seemed like the flap closed and no heat was coming out , yet i could still hear it blowing, and i'd let off the gas and it'd be blowing back out.

Also, i have air in my coolant system, every time i go around a corner or up hill i can it slosh into the heater core.. how do i fix this?
The reason the flap moved is because of vacuum. I think that's normal to have that vent flap shift during hard acceleration, but I might be wrong. If I am wrong that means there is a small vacuum leak somewhere. I'm sure someone can and will correct me if I'm wrong. :D

As far as the air in the cooling system. Start the truck up with the rad cap off. Let it come up to temp and turn the heat on full blast. That should help circulate the coolant and purge the air. Squeeze the large rad hose on top to help purge the air and then fill it up. That should get most of the air out.

· Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does anyone have a diagram for all the vaccum lines? i think i need to go thru and fix them anyways, i don't have cruise control and stuff either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.