DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my wife's "98 stratus is having an issue with the steering... it seems extremely loose... meaning, if we are goin down a straight road, we can practacly move the steering wheel back-and-forth,( from about the 11o'clock, to 1 o'clock position) but the car is still going straight.. any idea what i should look at?

· Official qwerty thief
13,979 Posts
has it been getting worse because when i drove my 00 strat i noticed that the steering was loose but it was normal, some cars just have more play than others. If it is getting worse or this is worse than it usedto be i would look into your steering knuckle and make sure that all the teeth are still there and then i would work my way out to the steering rack and check everything out down there. Also somthing else to check out although i dont think its gonna be an issue is if you rev the car while doing this does it help the steering? You didnt mention hard steering so i dont think this is it but its an easy way to kinda check the PS pump.

· Registered
11 Posts
Steering Wheel Play

Dont know if you need this anymore, but I just replaced the tie rod ends on my 2000 Stratus and it seemed to take up alittle of the slack. I would also check out TSB 19-02-99A. It has to do with alittle noise and play when turning the steering wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.