DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Dodge team! Hope you all are doing well, thanks for having me here, straight to the topic, I'm interested in owning a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500, This car has a SALVAGE TITLE! here in my location, before ending the deal, I really want to make sure that I'm getting a good reliable car for what I pay, I want to know that what I should be looking for when purchasing this Dodge, anything to take into consideration, what to look for or any suggestion you guys have, please share it with me,

They are asking for the price of $16,500 and it has 158000 Miles with a Salvage Title. Is it worth it or not?
If you guys have any suggestions on what to look at.
thanks
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
35 Posts
I recommend you find out the extent of damage that was done to the truck. You'd also want to get a list of repairs. If the seller doesn't have this info, I'd rec getting carfax to find out more. You could also call the shop that repaired the truck. I'd stay away from a truck that had frame damage.

·
Registered
2002 dodge dakota sport 4x4 ext cab with 4.7 v8 engine
7 Posts
seems like top dollar for a vehicle of that year and milage but don't know what part of the country you are in. where i live a salvage title can't be liscensed until it goes thru an inspection and then you receive what they call an R title. i would make sure it has the reconstructed title or if it wasn't repaired right and won't pass the inspection you may end up with an unregisterable vehicle. good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
2002 dodge dakota sport 4x4 ext cab with 4.7 v8 engine
7 Posts
looks like light hit damages by the pictures. if this the only damage before repair, i wouldn't be afraid to drive it. i have owned a few r titled cars and they were fine and i drove them till they dropped as there is little trade in value in a r titled car. obviously the final decision is yours. good luck and god bless

1 - 8 of 8 Posts