DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a 2001 v10 truck for my daily driver. I know these trucks aren't going to get steller milage nor do I expect it. I'm wanting a auto tranny and it has to be a 4x4 with the LB and standard cab. I've been searching the forums looking for info on the v10's and what all goes wrong. The HP and TQ curve looks so sweet for the v10. Looks like a leveling kit is all it needs and some 35's and maybe 4.56 gears and it'll be a monster. It'll just be a work truck driving it too and from work. My poor 04 has almost 27,000 miles on it now and it's only a year old. So I really need to take some of the HWY miles off the truck.

Over all what are your guys impressions on the V10 and it's auto tranny. How well does the truck hold up? Sad to say but this will pretty much be my beater truck. Mod's will be minimal. Maybe a intake and exhaust plus tires and gears. :gr_patrio

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
The V10 engine is awesome. But the trans sucks in my opinion like most Dodge trans. The V10 uses the same trans as the diesels. I haven't had any problems with the engine yet. I love the power when off roading. The only down side to all that power is when your driving on icy roads in 2wd it has a tendency to spin out. If I drove slower or wasn't use to an under powered car as my daily driver it wouldn't be a problem.
Let us know when you get a V10.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
the v 10 is great would not have anything else i have not had a problem with any thing yet. got around 63000 on it .98QuadCabV10 is right in two wheel drive they do spin out a lot on snow and ice but you cant beat a v10 there the best truck out there just my 2 cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.