DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of using high end stereos in my vehicles i now look for the most simple set up that sounds ok, i am looking for stock front speakers that are in good shape to use with my aftermarket cd in my first gen neon. I assume that they are the same as a second gen neon so either years should work, i changed both and i don't remember them looking all that different. Most people throw out the old stuff when they change to newer stuff, i have found that with all the adjustments that my pioneer mp3 cd has i made the stock speakers sound pretty good for what they are, i would like to have speakers from the [premium] stereo, which means the ones that came with the cd stock stereo, i would like to get the tweeters in the dash as well, or just the door ones if that all i can find, i'm not looking to spend much, i figured someone might still be saving them waiting for a reason to get rid of them.

·
So whats UR excuse?
4,542 Posts
Some newer neons came with a Kicker sound system stock. I am thinking it's the SXT/Special. Not sure whats in the doors but it has a Kicker sub in the trunk. Just thought yould like to know that.

I also use a Pioneer and It does tune up very nice to just about any type of tunes. But it also had the power to tear apart my stock speakers. They were the old paper coned speakers tho.

·
Neon bug bites again
1,272 Posts
SRT's also had the Kicker system in them as a factory option.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would seriously consider Kenwoods. I had picked some up at Car Toys for $60 and they gave me the spacers for free.... just my input

·
Neon Master Mechanic
1,090 Posts
Don't forget if you get a speaker with a big magnet you won't be able to roll the windows down all the way, it will hit the glass. They need to be similar in size. Had that issue when I tried running some nice components but had to scale back..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.