DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2008 Dakota brochure. The bed deminsions are not listed. I have not been able to find them on the Dodge website either. I also looked at edmonds.com as well, nothing. Why are the bed deminsions such a secret. Does anyone have a link to where I can find specs on the bed. I would like to get the tailgate opening, and the width between the wheel well. I am trying to figure out if a full size 4x4 ATV will fit in the bed. I have the ATVs deminsions but have came up emty handed on my search for the Dakota's deminsions.

· Registered
503 Posts
I might have them in my 2005 Brochure at home, I'll let you know if they have them, because the 05 Brochure had information on everything's widths and heights.

· Registered
145 Posts
Most, if not all, full size ATVs fill fit between the wheel wells. I have an Arctic Cat 650 which I believe is one of the, if not the, widest four wheelers made at 47'' and it just barely rubs the wheel wells but does fit. A Yamaha, Honda or similar would fit with lots of room left over.

· Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a Thunder Cat on order and a Outlander 800 now. its spec is 48 wide, the tires might be 47" since they are set inside the fenders. Is you Dakota a CC. If so is that length ok. I plan to use a Luisiana Guard dog to hold it in the bed with the tailgate down. In my Ram the Outlander has about 2" to spare on each side even with custom wheels and tires on it. I was begining to think the Dakota must not have the sandard 50"s between the wheel wells like the bigger trucks since I could not find the bed specs. But that info really helps, thanks. I have been looking around on the net and there are not hardly any 08 Dakota's around. None like I am interested in looking at, loaded to the hilt with part time 4x4 and leather and CC configuration V8 ect, ect.

· Registered
145 Posts
I'm actually not positive on the length. I do have a CC, but I keep a couple of tool boxes in the bed so they take some space away from the four wheeler so I can't close my tailgate. I think I could close it though if I took out the tool boxes and drove in all the way. You just need to be careful about your winch or front bumper breaking your rear window. I just checked the width on mine, its 47.5'' and I just rub the wheel wells a little. No midsize truck has 48'' between the wheel wells because the manufacturers want to make you buy a full size truck if you need to haul a lot of 4'X8' plywood or sheetrock because their profit margin is greater on the bigger trucks.

· Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well either Dodge made some updates to there site, or I was just not able to find the specs on there site the other day, but anyway, they are on there now. However they are not quite working out to that 47.5 between the wheel wells. Maybe the 08's are different, but the specs now for 2008 state the width between the wheel wells is only 45.2, and I am posative my quads tires won't fit anywhere but up on top of them. I am not sure if that would work or not.

· Registered
145 Posts
45.2" is definately narrower than my 05. Even so you probably could drive over the wheel wells.

· Registered
49 Posts
I just put in a 2x4 divider in the bed of my truck to keep some sand bags from sliding, from bed wall to bed wall it was 59 1/2 inches.

· Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is the overall width. We were talking about between the wheel wells.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.