Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I am fairly new here and this is actually my first Ram I have purchased. Owned many other chrysler/jeep vehicles, but love my truck!

Anyhow, I just put a level kit on my truck last week and put my new rims/tires on yesterday. My dilema is, do I put the 3" PA body lift on? Question # 2..I am thinking about some fender flares...would you leave them black or paint them to match??? Here is a pic of my truck....

Also...be honest and let me know if you guys think it looks ok...for a start!

Thanks!!

Attachments

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i would lift it!! and leave the flares black too!
-how do you like the level kit so far? i have the same one from autosprings...did you install or a shop?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The level kit seems cool so far. A friend of mine and I did it and used a buddy's shop. We put it up on a lift, dropped everything, put the spacers in and were drinking a few beers in about an hour and a half! It was very easy, especially having the lift. As for the lift, I originally wanted to put a 6" suspension, body and 35's. My problem is, I travel and I park my truck at the airport and the ceiling in the garage doesn't look like it is 8' clearance!! Any suggestions on flares?? bushwacker pocket? or just plain?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
what size/brand tires are you running now?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I think black flares and a BL would look great on there. :tup:

KB

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
truck looks super bro.flares matched or black would both look great imho. black would make it look more bossy. if you do go w/flares, i would get a rubber at least 13.50 so the flares would look insync together. i myself want to go with a 13 or 14.50 tire in the future.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My tires are Nitto Terra Grapplers 325/60R18

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
Looking good. If you do get the flares, just install them out of the box in black and take some pics (they are easy to install and remove). You can then compare it to something like this truck that has white ones. I noticed that you have color matched bumpers and spears, but black handles and mirrors, so you really could go either way. If you like the monochrome look you could try to get the handles and mirrors painted to match as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok ya'll....here it is w/the black bushwacker pocket flares...Thoughts?? I am still trying to warm up to them!! But, I have decided to go w/a 6" ProComp suspension lift :rck:

Attachments

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
lift it and paint em and the handles/mirrors too...if not lift it and get black door spears

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
i think for your truck the flares would look better painted to match.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
i think the black flares look good with the black rims and door handles you got.

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
I like flares and for some reason Im not digging them on your truck. Maybe with the lift they woud look better. Or painted to match. I really was digging your truck as it sat before the flares though. The more I look at it I think the reason Im not digging it is that the front flare dies into a white bumper. Ok so IMO lift it and paint the flares to match the white; leave the handles and mirrors alone they flow with your rims. Tint your windows and clear the headlights do the lift and your set

·
Country Boy
771 Posts
I think your truck looks great and will be bad ass with that lift! Keep the flares as is.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What if I buy the black grill? :) I am also getting rid of the nerf bars and going black, same with my toolbox.

·
Don't fear the sheepdog
6,404 Posts
I have to agree with dale3fan3. I normaly like the black pocket flares, but with the white bumpers, I think color match would look better. Maybe the black nerf bars, and tool box will change my mind though.
I'd keep the grille white, and definetly add the body lift.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
I also think they would look better painted after seeing it. You still have enough black pieces to tie in with the wheels. :tup:

KB

·
Registered
25,358 Posts
bigchuck said:
What if I buy the black grill? :) I am also getting rid of the nerf bars and going black, same with my toolbox.
I would not do the black grill. They look cheap to me. I think nfab bars would look better then even tube black

http://www.n-fab.com/products.nerfsteps.asp

alway remember its your truck you are paying for it you do what you want to it. We can give you suggestions but of course you have to like them .:gr_patrio

·
Registered
176 Posts
I say do the 6" lift, paint the lower 12 inches of truck Black (two-tone), do the fender flares black and put on some Nitto 35's Grapplers. I think the Blacked out bottom will make it look even taller. Sweet truck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.