Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New here, and looking for some info on the OD tranny available as an option on the 57 D-100. I have a 57 W-100 and am working on transplanting the D-100 OD into the W-100. So far the biggest issue is shortening the driveshaft, which isnt a problem at all.
I have all of the related gizmos, and am looking for a picture of the kickdown switch, which I have heard mounts under the gas pedal. A pic showing its location would be great. Also, there is an OD relay, which I have, but have no idea where it would have been mounted.
Lastly, (for now) there is an "Overdrive Rail Lockout Switch" which looks like a brake light switch, mounted below the overdrive engagement lever. I have the wiring diagram for the whole OD system, but this switch does not appear in the diagram. Any idea how this wires in?
OK, I lied, here is the last question. The kickdown switch is the power to the coil. Does this wire replace the wire that would normally go to the coil, through the ballast resistor? If so, where does the ballast resistor go? Or do I need to switch to an coil with an internal resistor?
OK, now I am done!
Thanks in advance,
Tim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.