DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 555 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kinds of mods to you have and what did you gain. i just put 410's and love it at 75mph im at 2200 and getting better mpg than before...
we 5.9ers have to stick together and help each other out lol :D

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I agree... You guys need to become more vocal... it seems like we have a majority of 4.7L & 5.7L owners... 3rd Gen is 3rd Gen we all drive the same trucks.

This includes the 3.7L guys as well.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on where are you guys......

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what kind of mods do you have

·
Registered
141 Posts
5.9 guy here also. I've done the following mods.
1)Superchips tuner-very nice gain
2)MSD Ignition system-better throttle response
3)Home-made CAI-no noticable power increase maybe better throttle response
4)Flowmaster and dual pipes-Just better sound
Thats about it for now. I will probably do the Fastman TB next and headers.
So far I think the SC tuner was the best mod so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
02 5.9l

I have an 02 1500 QC 4X4 w/ 315 BFG's on stock 17inch wheels. Only mods so far are an Air Ram Jet-Stream & Air-Ram power wire. I'm going to get a superchips soon & 4:56 gears eventually. Paxton makes a supercharger for the 5.9, but it's over $4,000....

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm 5.9. I have an 03 1500 QUAD CAB 4X4 OFFROAD. I have SUPERCHIPS 3715(mixed thoughts about it) Edelbrock ceramic coated headers, true duals with x-pipe, 2 40 series flowmasters dumped (sounds ****ing awesome) 3" PA body lift, 35x12.50-17 BFG MudTerrains, Power wire not installed yet, I'm shopping for a cam, and gears. There are 5.9 owners out there, but they arent speaking up. The HEMI is the hype. I'm not hating though. At the end of the day the 5.9 is a powerhouse, just the HEMI has the new technology. The 5.9 has been around since 1971, been used in many different vehicles, towed many different types of trailers. Its really proved itself. The HEMI is a sales pitch. Daimler-Chrysler knew that if they re-produced the HEMI name it would sell, and sell big. Which we all know it did. Its not the greatest engine ever designed. Neither is the 5.9. We as 5.9 owners, just have to face the fact that there are alot of guys that would rather pay for a name then to pay for quality. Dodge produces great products, There are about 10 dodge trucks in my family. Anyways in conclusion, I think that guys that own 5.9's should start talking to each other, sharing information, reasearching products, because if not, it will just end up like many engines, DEAD! The HEMI will die out sooner or later, because Dodge will just come out with something bigger and better. Just remember its all about making money.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey, what gains did you see, or feel i should say out of your SC tuner? There are many different thoughts about it on this site. Thanks!

·
Registered
141 Posts
ROLLAND03RAM4X4 said:
hey, what gains did you see, or feel i should say out of your SC tuner? There are many different thoughts about it on this site. Thanks!
What I could tell with mine was less down shifts from OD when pulling a hill. It seems to hold speed alot better than before. When you really put your foot in it , she seems go pull quiet a bit harder. As of horsepower #'s I dont think there are huge gains. But the SC seems to make the power the 5.9 makes alot more smoother and usable. I really think it takes the right combination of parts to make our trucks better. There is no 1 magic part for super horepower, but a combination will really perform well. Thats why I will be going with the Fastman TB, header combination for the engine side and 4:56 gears for more use of the power. I know I could break into the engine and do head work, cams, and maybe a little higher compression to be over the Hemi power range. But why break into a perfectly good motor that will still out pull any gas Ford, Chevy, or import truck out there?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the 4x4 dont see the gains with sc like the 2wd mine was a big difference plus with the other mods it helped allot but i will say when i went from stock 17 to stock 20 it did not seem as a big difference now with the 410's it is awesome...

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Ya'll got another 360 here! I'm always hangin' around here and have been waiting for a while to see some more 360 guys speak up. I just can't wait to get some more cash someday so I can break into the top end of this motor or even stroke it and maybe supercharge it! Love my truck to death and will probably keep it forever because it's paid for and I could never sell the truck for what it's worth to me. Glad to see some more of you guys around. And don't forget to join the 360 enthusiast club!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have a 02 dodge ram 1500 4x4 QC, 6"superlift,37"tires and a flowmaster exhaust. I also have the superchips programmer and noticed a huge difference in mpg and a little in hp and tq. My mpg went from high 9mpg to now averaging around 12mpg in city and 14-15mpg freeway. Ill post some pics of my truck when its washed up. I want to get some 4:56 gears for even better mileage but dont want to make it worse on the freeways.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
come on guys dont give up now

·
Registered
124 Posts
hey

I have an 02 QC Larmaie editon 5.9L Black in color with the stock 20"s
Just have a cold air intake and TB cranked. Planning to put on a magnaflow muffler with the tailpipes exiting before the passanger tire. (what do you guys think of that?) Also what to get a superchips and an airraid throttle body spacer in the near future. :cool:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have an 02 QC SLT with a 3" body lift, 33" buckshots, and duals, but the duals i got on it now are womanly, 2" exhaust (who does this) it was like it when i bought it, i want 3" straights with some dynomax mufflers, i also have a K&N FIPK and when i stop going all the way to illinois from nc so often, i plan on doing all of this with headers and an airram power wire with the jet scoop, but im curious as to what kind of gains i will get with this, as for us not speaking up they only put the 360 in our trucks for 2 years, we are definitely not the majority. at this point, all i want to do is make the truck more economical (i know, its a 360) and then ill make it really stupid cool when she's paid off

·
Registered
7 Posts
Zakko69, I like your sound system choices. A long time ago I owned a '68 Nova with Boston Acoustic speakers, Hifonics amps, and a single 12" sub. I agree, if you pick the right one, it's all you need. Do you have any issues with the 3" body lift? Was it hard to install and did the kit come with everything needed? I'm thinking of getting one for my 02. Much cheaper than a suspension lift. As for the airram power wire and jet scoop, by themselves they won't make a huge gain, but every little bit helps, and I think they're worth it.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
whats up guys, i have a 2002 ram quadcab with the good ole 5.9. mods are in the sig and im lookin into a cam along with what i already have any suggestions are appreciated

·
Registered
115 Posts
'02 QC 4x4 5.9. I have the SC and notice a nice gain with it as others have. Shifting seems better when pulling a trailer. Also have Flowmaster 50 dual out, MSD wires and a K&N filter. My biggest complaint is the gas mileage with this truck 10-11 city/12-14 highway and pulling a trailer of any type 8-10. Tried different things and driving habits but no help. Now before you say "it's a 360 what do you expect" I had a '99 Durango 4x4 with the 5.9L and loved that thing. It would pull the same trailer and get 16+ mpg and 19-20 without the trailer. I would just like something close to that. Just put a set of Michelin LTX MS tires on it for the winter and it handles much better than the Goodyears.

·
Registered
474 Posts
'02 Reg. cab short bed. lowered 4x4, stock rear 3.92's at 2,000RPM & 70MPH i'm seeing high teens or better on my MPG. Had the superchips before but had to dump it for a piggyback ECU tune that came with a few other tweaks done to the motor =0) Painted this and that yadda yadda...best mod of all......re-balanced stock wheels and got rid of those nasty ass wheel weights on the outside of the rim.

1 - 20 of 555 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.