DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
JRW
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to get a tuner here pretty soon for my 2007 4.7 1500 4x4. I have looked at the diablo, superchip, and the triple dog gt. I cant decide which one i would like to go with. Can yall give me some advice on which one and which ones yall have used and liked the best.

I am looking for a tuner to boost my MPGs and also give me the extra hp.

My Truck consist of a 4in lift, 31in tires and 18in wheels. thats all i have done to so far but i am hoping to get many more mods on it in the next couple of years.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
As far as hp/mpg increase's there all comparable.The top 2 are Diablo and SC.Look to the function's that they can perform/adjust.SC is best suited to stock to slightly modded.Diablo is better for those who take thier modding to next level and has the ability to grow with any modding level with custom tuning.Pick the one that best suit's your need's and what level you plan on modding your truck.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I did'nt recieve it.Try again Bro!

·
Tricked out Ram
12,635 Posts
mpgs and a lift dont go together......ever

also, mpgs and more HP dont go together either

You want more HP you gotta burn more fuel

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
tuning for mpg is about hopeless. Normally the more power you have at your fingertips (err right foot) the more you use it and more fuel it ends up consuming.
as far a tuners I've used diablo and superchips, superchips won that contest. mpg wasn't part of the comparison but I don't think think there was a noticeable mpg difference between the 2 well except I can impact mpg somewhat since then with superchips advanced trans part throttles functions. might or might not be able to do the same with diablo.
For the most part when people start asking about MPG our eyes just glaze over.

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
You won't notice much, if any, difference between canned tunes on any of the tuners.

I would get the SC 3865 for the trans options alone. I just wish that I could have a stand-alone version of the SC trans options and run SCT (I don't trust stacking); my mods are nearing the upper limits of canned tuning, but I don't want to lose the SC trans options.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
You won't notice much, if any, difference between canned tunes on any of the tuners.

I would get the SC 3865 for the trans options alone. I just wish that I could have a stand-alone version of the SC trans options and run SCT (I don't trust stacking); my mods are nearing the upper limits of canned tuning, but I don't want to lose the SC trans options.
I hear ya on not losing the trans option's.They really do make a big differance in DD.Why not Diablo? You get to keep your tranny tuning and get to custom tune.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
eaton, you can give those trans parameters to dave and he can tune the trans the same way along with a pcm tune. You should talk to him, our 07's can be tuned far beyond what we thought was the limit a year ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.