DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, thinking about getting an SRT10. Im looking at it and a TB SS. Itd be a reg cab one. What kinda gas mileage do yall get, mainly city? (i know, if you have to ask, you cant afford it but im only gettin 9-10 now outta my lifted truck, so spare me those replies please) Also, what kinda prices are yall seeing for left over ones or low mileage used ones? common problems? and what makes them more desireable than the TB SS (which of course has much more aftermarket support and can run 12s w/ little modding)?

thanks for the info fellers.

·
Got Torque??
461 Posts
what about a cherokee srt-8? why not get one of those instead of a TB SS?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
because Ive heard of prices on reg cab leftover srt10s in the mid 30s, best Ive seen on the Cherokee is 43k. I can get the TB SS for around 30k + 2k in mods and be faster than the SRT8 for 11k less.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Mileage on my QC (RC will be better) is around 10.5 city driving if I'm driving casual.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
What about the highway? What are your R's at 70mph?

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Keep in mind the QC and RC have different transmissions (automatic vs manual) so you can't compare rpm's.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Trailblazer SSs are really nice and sharp looking as well as the SRT 10 truck. Theres ones on ebay that are 05 left overs going for 28K. Sounds good to me. And thats the last year of the 3 seaters. 06+ are 2 seaters. My cousin has an 06 2 door night runner with the dvd/Nav and it is very nice. My brothers father in law has the 05 2 door yellow fever which has the 3 seater and I feel that it depends on what you want. If you are going to have more than 1 passanger then get the 05s if you are going to
have just you and your misses then I suggest get the 06+. The Trailblazer is an SUV so I bet its hard for you to decide.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its just me, no misses yet. The SS silverados are a joke as far as a sport truck goes IMO. Ive been fine as far as interior space w/ my current reg. cab ram, Im just wanting something a little more sporty (well, alot more sporty) I like the TB SS cause I like the looks and for the price, they are hard to beat. They also have tons of aftermarket support so making it faster wouldnt be an issue. The SRT10 Rams, well, they have a freakin Viper V10, nuff said :) Anyway, if I could get an SRT10 Ram for decent price, Id definitely go w/ one. Price being the clincher. As long as I could muster 10mpg city or so Id be fine w/ that as its comparable to what I get now.

·
Power Wagon #1605
16,089 Posts
I just drove my this dealer and they have a 04-05 Yellow QC SRT-10 on the lot, and it has been there for over a month. Give them a call, I just looked online and did not see it listed.

http://www.harrelsontoyota.com/Default.aspx

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the info ssstclaire, but im looking at just the reg cab ones.

another question just popped into my head, what kind of insurance rates are yall seeing, from any guys w/ semi clean driving historys in their mid 20s or so would be the best comparison. You dont have to list payments or anything, just more than a normal truck, alot more, viper equivalent etc.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I pay about $65/month but it was not listed as my primary driving vehicle. I am also ticket free and over 25 years of age.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ssstclaire said:
I just drove my this dealer and they have a 04-05 Yellow QC SRT-10 on the lot, and it has been there for over a month. Give them a call, I just looked online and did not see it listed.

http://www.harrelsontoyota.com/Default.aspx
Yes - that is the one with the chrome steps I posted a thread about.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1393627&postcount=4

Not sure I like the steps. I'll sell mine to anyone for the same price, no steps, lower miles and over 1 year bumper-to-bumper warranty remaining. 100% stock.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126310

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the reg cab and have done 60k miles with it. City mpg in hooligan mode = 8mpg. City driving normal (wife in truck) mode = 10mpg. Combined, City hooligan and Highway speed freak (90 mph for 110 miles every day) = 12.7 mpg.

My buddy has a lifted F350 deisel and I get better mpg from my SRT10.

Do it, get the SRT10, ain't nothing like it. You'll make friends at most gas pumps from curious bystanders wanting to talk.

Get a cat back pipe and a K&N. That crackle on overrun is worth $40k alone.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.